Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Spartan Fail. Now Which Bipod and How to Mount It?

MADGRZ

Howdy from West Glacier,

I'm the proud new owner of a Weatherby Mark V Hunter in 7mm rem mag. I had the Spartan Javelin mounted (see pictures) and loved it. However, the stock attachment constantly came loose/unscrewed in the field. Help me figure out a solution:

1. How can I permanently mount the Javelin adapter to my stock? Is there a different adapter I can buy that is meant to be mounted permanently (as opposed to utilizing the existing sling swivel stud)?

2. What is another lightweight bipod that would attach more permanently? My wife has a Harris which I don't love (too bulky).

I need to get something on in the next few weeks in time for spring bear.

Thank you in advance.

20231221_172331.jpg

at SCI I went to their booth and bought one, he told me to put a piece of 3m double sided tape cut to size under my sling mount. So far it has worked pretty slick. Just place double sided tape under it and install/tighten to spec.

I have the gunsmith adapter on my rifles and love it! The screw in one always had issues. No issues now.

9B92DC62-307B-49C7-AF03-F4F99F54546F.jpeg

Or

I have both. I have kids and try to get them to shoot off of a tripod. Or wiser precision bipod with the pic attachment.

Drilled holes and epoxied the hardware in.

I hurt and scared me a little to do it in my Mark V’s but it’s an awesome system.

I love their tripod adapter that I can quickly put on and get the kids above the grass on a stable shot.

Also fhf makes a cool way to carry the bipod when hiking. I tried pockets on my pants and they were just too short. I put mine on the bottom of my bino harness. But it’s got an easy molle attachment

The gunsmith socket is the way to go. A lot of guys install it close to the balance point of the rifle but you lose a lot of stability doing that. If you can, halfway down the forend or near the sling stud work well.

Thanks Guys! Just re-ordered another Spartan. Now just deciding if the Picatinny Rail adapter would be easier to install (just drill a 2nd hole for a screw) or if I should go for the gunsmith adapter.

Back