Caribou Gear

Hateful people...

AH64DMatt

I've been serving in the Army for the last 11 years, and continue to carry out my military career, hoping for eventual retirement.

My problem is this: When did Americans get so damn hateful? I mean, I've always been able to have disagreements with my friends, but I generally hang out with fellow members of the military who, while we do disagree, at least we know that eventually you have to "agree to disagree".

Why can't more Americans agree to disagree? Why can't we just believe what we believe, live out our lives, and not get so threatening and hateful?? Do I think that someone with differing opinions should die?

If we're overseas fighting for our country and our country is tearing itself apart and people threaten others for their beliefs, then there's definitely something wrong. Last time I checked, we were a free country. Free to disagree with each other and free to live as we want...

Rant complete.
Matt

Do I think that someone with differing opinons should die? The answer is NO. (The answer of that question got deleted somehow.).

I agrree...no wait.....I disagree....

Oh heck, Thanks for your service.

The problem with most people is that they are free to disagree with you, but you better not disagree with them. Just like they preach tolerance but are intolerant of any view they do not believe in. It has got to be frustrating to be standing up for these kinds of people, but the rest of us definately appreciate your service to our country!

Matt - First, thanks for your service. I think you, and others, served to protect the rights to disagree. I think you are spot on about people not being able to "agree to disagree."

Truly appreciate your service to our country. I have the utmost respect for our men and women who serve.

Thank you!

I think alot of the problem comes from tv, internet, movies, video games, and a general degradation of core family values. People are too far removed from hunting and fishing and being outside in general.

I'm born and bred a rural redneck, even though some may call me an eastern ....tenderfoot.....homo.....pussy. :D

Anyway, growing up in a great home with excellent parents, apparently was unusual in the late seventies and eighties. One of my brothers girlfriends used to laugh at us because we actually sat down and ate meals together at a table. She called us the "Cunninghams"

Sorry just some thoughts on why everyone s medicated and cannot act civil.

Take a road trip across rural america and you will feel better. Recent trip through southeastern Utah on vacation with the wife and out in the wild lands of america people seem to find common ground in the interest of making a living and helping each other out because they have to. Now in suburbia where I live nobody has to rely on anyone for anything which is the root of why people can't find common ground.

Thank you so VERY much for your service! Without outstanding people like you, our country would cease to exist as we know it. YOU protect our rights. But, I agree, wholly with your statement. I have plenty of friends that I don't agree with, but are still great friends nonetheless. But there are others, that can't be around me because I don't agree with everything they do. I say F* them, their loss. Keep looking, there are a lot more people that agree with you than what you think!

Matt

You have alot different perspective from most. I would guess you have gone forward in your Longbow and visited violence on someone because they were in such violent disagreement with the American way of life, you were forced to do so. For those who have never had to do it, it is easy to to get all whipped up about stupid things, and say things that are completely beyond the pale. The bottom line is that most of the people that have the most "violent" and threatening arguments are really just weak, coddled individuals who have really never experience any hardship in their life, and they have never been held accountable for their words.

I was a 24 year old, Recon Platoon Leader when I fired my first shots in anger. It changed the way I look at alot of things. Now the only thing that really gets me fired up is when someone tries to take our freedom away (that includes everyones right to disagree with me).

Ross E. (redacted, since I don't like to be googled)
Captain, Infantry, USA
Commanding

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VaDon
Back