Yeti GOBOX Collection

Hard Questions for Mr. Newberg #2 Spring Bear Edition

Gerald Martin

So we were watching the newly released video of Jonathan’s first bear kill and we noticed an atrocious oversight that we can only attribute to excitement and lack of attention.
We noticed that neither hunter nor cameraman saw the bear step on the shed whitetail deer antler when it ran into the trees after they first spotted the bear.
We are wondering if Mr. Newberg is going to do the right thing and make his employees pick up that antler to add to the memory of that hunt or is he going provide temptation for all Montana shed hunters to make his bear spot look like the Sun River Game Range on May 15?

Hard questions deserve honest answers.... We want to know what Mr. Newberg is going to do.
Sincerely,
Gerald Martin

Last edited:
Randy,
I just read your response to Rob after I posted this as a jab at his ridiculous post.
I didn’t realize the degree of asshattery he had engaged in with his “sincere interest”.
Sorry if this is too soon or bad timing.
I will be happy to delete the thread.

@time frame 2:35. How unlikely is that?
I walk hours and find nothing. They have a bear step on one while recording.....
Truth stranger than fiction .😂

Randy,
I just read your response to Rob after I posted this as a jab at his ridiculous post.
I didn’t realize the degree of asshattery he had engaged in with his “sincere interest”.
No worries. I though it was funny.

Who should I replace among our crew, Dale or Jonathan, for not going back and hanging that shed in a tree?

No worries. I though it was funny.

Who should I replace among our crew, Dale or Jonathan, for not going back and hanging that shed in a tree?
Well, considering that Jonathan took my job.....😁😂😂😂. Tell him he better beat the squirrels back there.

Congrats to him on the bear!

So we were watching the newly released video of Jonathan’s first bear kill and we noticed an atrocious oversight that we can only attribute to excitement and lack of attention.
We noticed that neither hunter nor cameraman saw the bear step on the shed whitetail deer antler when it ran into the trees after they first spotted the bear.
We are wondering if Mr. Newberg is going so the right thing and make his employees pick up that antler to add to the memory of that hunt or is he going provide temptation for all Montana shed hunters to make his bear spot look like the Sun River Game Range on May 15?

Hard questions deserve honest answers.... We want to know what Mr. Newberg is going to do.
Sincerely,
Gerald Martin
I actually found this shed while hunting elk not too far from where they filmed that, in the same drainage.

BC0A7800-999A-4454-9589-30C6F362999E.jpeg

A little educational video on the dangers of what happens when you publicize those spots where antlers await for the taking.
Now back to lining up mountain peaks on Google Earth and preparing for FOI requests.
That looked like at least a 40” three point shed.
#browngoldbaby

We are wondering if Mr. Newberg is going so the right thing and make his employees pick up that antler to add to the memory of that hunt or is he going provide temptation for all Montana shed hunters to make his bear spot look like the Sun River Game Range on May 15?

Sincerely,
Gerald Martin
Nice spot! I was just starting to watch this while I read your post. Had to rewind to see it.

Randy,
Ha, Gerald I almost made my own "Hard Questions for Mr. Newberg" thread too. I was going to grill him about that Coues deer he walked all over before he bumped it talking to the camera. Yours is even funnier and plus I couldn't remember the episode anyway 🤷‍♂️

Funny post. Quite a day on the hunt talk forum

Back