Happy FALL-GUST

kenton

Nearly every year there is a morning in late august that is the very first hint of fall. I call this Fall-gust (i know, clever right). This morning in northern ohio: 48 degrees! Happy Fall-gust!

I don't usually go by a temp for my Fall signal. There is a different smell/feel in the air when Fall hits. Yeah, it was cool last night, but the 'feel' just wasn't there, at least not yet. I think it's not too far away though. Time to start thinking about putting some of those tree rats in the freezer for next years supply of Brunswick Stew!

Lucky you. In my part of the country we are forecast for a high of 107 on Monday. Fall seems very far away right now.

They say it might hit 100 here tomorrow, which would set a record in Reno. Weird year for sure. But I know exactly what you mean about the "smell/ feel" of fall. And it has nothing to do with temperatures or actual calendar date, it changes every year, but you absolutely know the exact day fall starts. The horses usually start showing their winter coat right before, and nothing yet, so this year I think we are not that close yet to Fall-Gust. Lol.

12 out of the last 14 years here, fall-gust has been sometime the last week of august. one year is was sept 2 and one year it was late sept. I agree, the smell is by far the most distinctive aspect and most difficult to explain.

Back