MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Handshakes

JEL

Wasn’t that long ago when a persons handshake said a lot about a man (or woman). This week my nephew whom is a higher up manager for a large retailer got reported by a customer he met for having to hard of a handshake. FFS. What the hell have we become.

Wasn’t that long ago when a persons handshake said a lot about a man (or woman). This week my nephew whom is a higher up manager for a large retailer got reported by a customer he met for having to hard of a handshake. FFS. What the hell have we become.
Did he check their license plates to see where they just moved from? The New Montanans

Handshakes are a testament to your character. Macho grip= insecure egomaniac trying to impress you with his strength.

Firm grip= good dependable person

Limp wrist= untrustworthy whiny b:$#h that will sue for whatever they can.

But then you also have people with a macho grip that don't realize their own strength. Pretty easy to tell the difference.

I've interviewed a lot of people for jobs and handshake type generally is spot on in my experience.

Good lord is it almost hunting season or what? We got testosterone oozing from the pores in this thread 😂

For what it’s worth, it weirds me out a bit when a man feels the need to squeeze my hand like it’s in a vice to show off his manly strength. Sometimes I have a hard time not laughing at the guy.

Can’t imagine someone reporting it though, unless it was like that creepy MLB ump looking for “sticky substances” on that pitchers hand for way too long.

1692736957022.jpeg

I was maybe 4 years old and at work with my Dad. We had to stop by somewhere to meet somebody all I remember is him getting in the truck and saying "shaking that c#$ksuckers hand was like grabbing a handful of wet bread" looked at me and said "don't ever do that" have always made sure it was a firm handshake since then. It's funny things like that stick in your head.

Last edited:
i think since covid we all realized how much raddish snapping has been low key going on so people are pretty wired on the handshaking thing

I thought you were going to say you noticed a increase in grip strength.
Somewhat related tangent, last winter I bought a hand held dynamometer for testing grip strength. Cheap one from amazon who knows how accurate but fun to see who hits the high mark.

My senior year I was one of the captains on the basketball team and when we went to talk to the refs and the other team's captains before each game, I got tired of the constant handshake war so I decided to start completely going completely dead fish. Freaked some people out. I thought it was funny.

Handshakes are a testament to your character. Macho grip= insecure egomaniac trying to impress you with his strength.

Firm grip= good dependable person

Limp wrist= untrustworthy whiny b:$#h that will sue for whatever they can.

But then you also have people with a macho grip that don't realize their own strength. Pretty easy to tell the difference.

I've interviewed a lot of people for jobs and handshake type generally is spot on in my experience.
There is also the over-eager squeezer. These people can be in either column A or B and will close their hand before any contact is made, grabbing the other party’s fingers rather than making a palm-to-palm connection. They aren’t as bad as the dead fish hands people, but they are close. It’s not a race, Speedy Gonzales!

I do the sales and estimating for our business so handshakes are a frequent thing. There is certainly a middle ground. I detest a limp handshake as much as anyone, but sometimes, especially with the elderly, it certainly feels like a little moderation is in order.
I can't imagine turning in a complaint about it.

Depends whose hand you’re shaking, a female always gentle with mostly just her fingers with your thumb over the tops of her fingers. Just the average encounter with a man firm but not overcompensating. A boy taking your daughter out for the first time, be sure he is fully aware your could crush his skull with your bare hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back