Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

handgun choice for wilderness wanderings

Use what you feel comfortable with. I am not knocking anyone's carry choices, if the extra weight doesn't bother you and you can carry comfortably go for it.

I ran into a guy out in the back country last fall who was carrying a 9mm. After I inquired as to why, he said "it's all I have and it's better than nothing." I had to agree.

To revise my post: if I have a hunting rifle with me I'm not carrying a handgun unless I were in some particular circumstance that warranted it. I only carry a handgun when I'm hiking or taking the dog for a walk type stuff.

If I am rifle hunting I carry my 22 buckmark for possible camp dinners :) Out and about without the rifle (summer scouting etc) Springfield XD mod 2 in .45. It is a real sweet shooter and with the "short" magazine not a burden to carry.

To revise my post: if I have a hunting rifle with me I'm not carrying a handgun unless I were in some particular circumstance that warranted it. I only carry a handgun when I'm hiking or taking the dog for a walk type stuff.
ditto
I'm not carrying a pistol when I am deer or elk hunting. I rifle/mz hunt them.
It will be in truck in camp. Same with my 94' Win 30-30,I do hike with that at times here where I live.A pistol is less in your face stay away from me in public than the 30-30 tho....lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back