Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Handgun and concealment questions

174in.... Thanks for sharing the pics. After reading all the post I'm leaning towards the glock 21. now that I have seen your pics, I'm not sure it will conceal that well. I'm med frame about 175- 180. I will compare the size of the 26 & 21 this evening after work.

Thanks to all for your help.

174in.... Thanks for sharing the pics. After reading all the post I'm leaning towards the glock 21. now that I have seen your pics, I'm not sure it will conceal that well. I'm med frame about 175- 180. I will compare the size of the 26 & 21 this evening after work.

Thanks to all for your help.
No problem you may want to check out the glock 27 or the glock 30 also.
The 27 has the same specs as my 26 but it is a .40cal so you would get a little more powerful gun at the same size.
The glock 30 is a .45acp the size is bigger on the specs than the 27 and 26 but I dont know you would be able to see the differance much. The 30 would be noticably smaller than the 21 though.
I went with the 26 because I planned on shooting mine alot and the 9mm has about the cheapest ammo.

025.jpg

The Glock 21 might be a little harder to conceal. I have a Glock 36 (single stack .45 with 6 +1) that I carry most of the time. One of my Glocks did have a malfunction at the range last month(stovepipe), but after carrying one for 9 years and shooting aleast 100 rounds a month I guess one hick-up is acceptable.

Ive thought about getting a 36 myself its a little bigger gun (not much) than the 26 and 27 but is slimmer wich is good for conceled carry.

Decisions, decisions, I guess I’ll be heading back down to the gun shop and see how they feel in person and in the hand.
The 36 will probably conceal better , but 13 rounds sounds better than 6. Especially when a bear is gnawing on me.

174in… if you don’t mind me asking .. What brand are the holsters?

They are turtle creek brand.They are out of ohio and make all kinds of different stuff.They seem like very good quality holsters.The inside the waistband ones I have run about $45.00. I have heard real good things about crossbreed holsters they would be worth checking on.

I have a Glock 21 that I carry for work. These guns are amazing, I've been a Glock certified armorer for about 8 years and other than routine maintenance we haven't had to do anything to our fleet. Yes they can shoot under water but if you don't have the correct parts in them it can damage the weapon so I wouldn't try it. I have a 30 as an off duty carry gun. The factory mag is 10 rounds and I just carry an extra 13 round mag from a 21 with me. The 21 and 30 have several interchangeable parts. It goes with me in the back country whenever I pack in as it is smaller and lighter than my revolvers. I still like to carry a revolver if I'm not concerned about weight or size but that's just a personal preference thing. The 10mm is a great round but the .45 has better ammo selection and availability. As for being paranoid I would say no. Paranoia is an imagined fear of a non reality based threat. You have listed enough info on here to explain that that you have a reality based fear of a possible threat. That's being cautious not paranoid. I would also vote for concealed carry. There are a lot less issues involved.

Last edited:
I love my Glock 22, but I carry a S&W N frame. With a 4" barrel, it's not that bulky and it is ultra reliable. If I could find a 4" N frame in .41 magnum, I'd be carrying it (I've got one, but it has an 8-5/8" barrel and is scoped)

I love my Glock 22, but I carry a S&W N frame. With a 4" barrel, it's not that bulky and it is ultra reliable. If I could find a 4" N frame in .41 magnum, I'd be carrying it (I've got one, but it has an 8-5/8" barrel and is scoped)

Hopefully you guys in Illinos can get a conceled carry law past soon.You are the only ones left.

Hopefully you guys in Illinos can get a conceled carry law past soon.You are the only ones left.

That would be great, but I won't hold my breath. The Chicago politicians who dominate our state just can't understand how 49 other states can be right about an issue, when that decision goes against their delusional opinions.:mad: Our governor actually trotted out the "Wild West" argument the other day.:confused:

That would be great, but I won't hold my breath. The Chicago politicians who dominate our state just can't understand how 49 other states can be right about an issue, when that decision goes against their delusional opinions.:mad: Our governor actually trotted out the "Wild West" argument the other day.:confused:

I keep hoping that Chicago will secede from the state.

I'd go with this one....

newagent.jpg

...if I didn't have this one. The Kimber did have feeding issues til I sent it back for touch up. Feeds flawlessly now.

superpro.jpg

A good bud o mne carries the Colt New Agent (above) 24/7.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HappyClar
Back