MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Hammer bullets?

Steve’s reply:

Good morning Jason,

The 155g Absolute needs a min 8.5" twist so you wouldn't be able to stabilize them. We will be developing more bullets for the various twist rates. So if you are happy with your current load sick with it for now and keep an eye out for new weights as they get designed.

Better mousetrap/beaten path/whatnot. Fun times.

...might own a muzzle brake someday after all.

Well the 213 grain hammer hunter (actually 210) shoots great in the 338 win mag and the ballistics coefficient tracks true to 690 yards. I haven’t shot a lot of copper bullets but these seem to make a different noise hitting steel vs a lead core. Maybe it’s just my ears. Not that sound on steel has any bearing on how good the bullet is
View attachment 152186

Nice looking rifle. Tell us more about your set up .

The .30 Nosler is interesting. I'm not willing to give up any speed. mtmuley

After experimenting with the 6.5 MB, I have found joy in drinking craft beer, photographing flowers, and shooting rifles with less recoil. 😳 It is a plus, in the lower recoil department, that Steve at Hammer recommended me away from the the heavier for caliber bullets.

@Greenhorn, even though I like craft beer and flowers, I have yet to reach the next level where I can incorporate them into kill shots.

After experimenting with the 6.5 MB, I have found joy in drinking craft beer, photographing flowers, and shooting rifles with less recoil. 😳 It is a plus, in the lower recoil department, that Steve at Hammer recommended me away from the the heavier for caliber bullets.

@Greenhorn, even though I like craft beer and flowers, I have yet to reach the next level where I can incorporate them into kill shots.

Same, I have yet to appropriate enough culture to pre plan a tasteful exsanguination tableau.

After experimenting with the 6.5 MB, I have found joy in drinking craft beer, photographing flowers, and shooting rifles with less recoil.
This new bullet might allow us to transform the CreedBro to a PRC, which would automatically make it legit. Come out into the light CreedBros, it's okay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got the 134 grain shock hammers and I am waiting on my dies to start loading. Does anyone have any ideas on what powders to try out with a 6.5 creed?

I just got the 134 grain shock hammers and I am waiting on my dies to start loading. Does anyone have any ideas on what powders to try out with a 6.5 creed?
I'd start with RL16. If you have or can find some RL26, I've heard it works very well in the CM. I can't even begin to find it, so 16 it is. I have also used Hornady SuperPerformance powder, but it's finicky.

213 grain hammer hunter on antelope doe. Caliber size entrance hole between a rib. Exit took 4 ribs with it. What little of the lungs that were left inside the chest cavity were liquified as you can tell. Looks like a petal went through top of the heart too
DC3D0FBF-6C22-4325-B72A-567EE027A7D8.jpeg
7EFA597E-3527-4F34-9890-F07905EAB294.jpeg
8169E47D-8672-467C-AC64-2037E739C375.jpeg

Reloder 16 will likely be the very best performer for that one. It will be a compressed load, but 16 crumbles nicely and you can't beat having that truly full casing

Back