Hammer bullets?

It was on the first one - and a little out of round. I didn't bother measuring the others as a consistent failure mode. CS told me to round and make smaller with fine sand paper/emory cloth - I decided to switch the Redding instead.
Sorry, that was more directed at Addicting - I must have glossed over you having the same issue. Isn't the first time I've heard about that issue and the proposed "fix" with Lee dies. Redding dies are top notch.

Not to jump on a Lee hate bandwagon, but have you mic'd the expander ball to see if it is oversized?

I went to go check this and found out I misspoke in a earlier post. It’s been a few months since I’ve dug into that 260ai. It is a Redding bushing die with a .287 bushing and the 300 Sherman is a Hornady with the ball removed.
I put a 7mm ball on it.

I checked the rings on the 124HH verses the ones I had loaded to test. It does in fact have to have the 4th ring seated into the neck to not move. With a standard length neck, Seating it that deep or deeper would probably be normal.

Grabbed some 213 grain hammers to shoot in my parts scrounged 338 win mag. I’m sure they will shoot like they did in the last 338 win mag I tried them in. Hopefully I’ll get to let the air out of a cow this fall with them

Well the 213 grain hammer hunter (actually 210) shoots great in the 338 win mag and the ballistics coefficient tracks true to 690 yards. I haven’t shot a lot of copper bullets but these seem to make a different noise hitting steel vs a lead core. Maybe it’s just my ears. Not that sound on steel has any bearing on how good the bullet is
B7CD8BC9-864B-470C-82DC-4D32C4DE5297.jpeg

Last edited:
I just sent Steve an email. That’s impressive performance.

Of course, I just ordered an 8 pounder of RL16. If they won’t work with that then I’ll stick with what I’m using.

Hammer has got to be the coolest bullet manufacturer in the business right now. Steve’s innovations seem beyond anything else that I’m aware of.

I was just getting ready to order some 199 gr Hammer Hunters. Guess I had better hold off a bit.
The 199 is an awesome bullet if your twist will handle it. It has been loaded to 3400 fps in a Browning rifle by Hammer using N570. Nothing to sneeze at. mtmuley

The 199 is an awesome bullet if your twist will handle it. It has been loaded to 3400 fps in a Browning rifle by Hammer using N570. Nothing to sneeze at. mtmuley

I should be good as I bought a 1:9” barrel with the plan of going with the 199 HH or the 230 Berger. The old RUM is going to come back as a long throated 30 Nosler though.

I should be good as I bought a 1:9” barrel with the plan of going with the 199 HH or the 230 Berger. The old RUM is going to come back as a long throated 30 Nosler though.
The .30 Nosler is interesting. I'm not willing to give up any speed. mtmuley

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gowest23
Back