Yeti GOBOX Collection

Halibut,salmon, and cod fishing trip

Headed to AK in August and fishing out of Homer, I'll let you know how it goes. My wife has already said it they don't let her shoot a halibut over the side of a boat it will be 0/5 stars.
I like her already...

Here ya go!
I've been out with Capt Gary 3 times. Three times I've been totally satisfied.
Last time up (2015), I took my b-I-l which sadly, proved to be his final fishing trip.
First day, first strike trolling and Capt Gary shoved the throbbing rod into the b-I-l hands! Thirty minutes later, he boated a 45 pound king!
Halibut, cod and rockfish!
Three days.
We left with 100 pounds of fish each.
Kodiak is beautiful, but the trip takes a bit of planning.
Best dates for salmon is late July, early August
Fantastic fishing!
Gorgeous scenery!

p.s. Capt Gary's boat record for halibut is 394 pounds! 😀!

Interested?
PM me for more det

I fished with Gary as well. He is a good guy and I really enjoyed fishing with him. Go into it with thick skin and if he gives you any shit, just give it right back to him. We caught fish until our arms were sore on the beaches of Kodiak on our own as well. It's a good way to add very cheap days to your trip.

I fished with Gary as well. He is a good guy and I really enjoyed fishing with him. Go into it with thick skin and if he gives you any shit, just give it right back to him. We caught fish until our arms were sore on the beaches of Kodiak on our own as well. It's a good way to add very cheap days to your trip.
Gary is very Type A, but when you're on his boat, you feel safe.
He's real no nonsense but does have a sense of humor.

If there is a woman on the boat, forget him helping you! He's going to make damn sure she has fun! LOL!

We never rented a "Wreck" on Kodiak. We just walked from the motel to the pier.
Where did you find beaches?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back