Gunsmith

802flyfish

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 23, 2019
Messages
801
Location
SW Montana
Back in early August, I decided I finally wanted to add some LOP to a newly acquired over/under. Before I handed over the shotgun, I asked what kind of turnaround time I could expect, as I wanted to have the shotgun back before opener on September 1st. I was told 1–2 weeks.


After three weeks had passed, I called and was told it should be ready soon. Three weeks eventually turned into six weeks, so I called again and was informed that he was working on it and that it should be done within a few days.


Here we are, almost eight weeks later, and I still haven’t received a call.


I’ve never worked with a gunsmith before, but I’m not sure how a 1–2 week timeframe can turn into eight weeks. As you can imagine, I’m pretty frustrated, as I was really hoping to use the shotgun for upland season.


Would it be acceptable for me to call and say that I’d like the firearm back? Not sure how to handle this situation. We live in a rather small town in SW MT and I don’t want to burn any bridges.
 
Back in early August, I decided I finally wanted to add some LOP to a newly acquired over/under. Before I handed over the shotgun, I asked what kind of turnaround time I could expect, as I wanted to have the shotgun back before opener on September 1st. I was told 1–2 weeks.


After three weeks had passed, I called and was told it should be ready soon. Three weeks eventually turned into six weeks, so I called again and was informed that he was working on it and that it should be done within a few days.


Here we are, almost eight weeks later, and I still haven’t received a call.


I’ve never worked with a gunsmith before, but I’m not sure how a 1–2 week timeframe can turn into eight weeks. As you can imagine, I’m pretty frustrated, as I was really hoping to use the shotgun for upland season.


Would it be acceptable for me to call and say that I’d like the firearm back? Not sure how to handle this situation. We live in a rather small town in SW MT and I don’t want to burn any bridges.

Acceptable? It's your shotgun. You absolutely have the right to get it back if you want it.
If he balks, get the law involved.
 
Back
Top