Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Guns , girlfriend and married

No way. If somebody cares enough about you then they wouldn't ask you to give up your passions or your very right to defend yourself. If my "other half" is in the relationship to hobble me or change the direction of my passion, that is not the right person for me. What's next, give up eating meat? No camping, mountain biking, or hiking? Nope... wouldn't do it.

Negative... if you start changing who you are to be with someone, they aren’t right for you.
My girlfriend at the time thought I was crazy for spending so much time in the woods. She still thinks its out there but knows its part of what she fell in love with. Guns, hunting, time in the woods; if its part of who you are move on now and keep looking.

It's up to you. I don't think anyone else, certainly no one who knows nothing about you or your personal situation, is remotely qualified to advise. Good luck.

I’d be curious about the circumstances. Personally mine has strong feelings toward handguns but nothing against my long guns or all the time I spend hunting and fishing. I struck a deal that I would only have one handgun that I carry or keep in the truck, nothing else and it’s worked great for 13 years. I have traded that one several times but only ever owned one at a time and haven’t had one at all for a couple years.

giphy.gif

Back