Caribou Gear

Gun Tax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all sunshine and roses.
Lots of economic bragging without mentioning the national debt or federal rate.
A truly good economic time that has been artificially held up by debt and federal discount rate that has been lowered to .25.
The economic policy of this administration has been weekend at Bernie's 3.
If we were to enter a downturn we have no regulatory mechanism to soften the fall.

I’m sure, given the chance to observe a glass half filled with water, you would see a dirty vessel, void of any value to anyone and claim it is a superfund site...

I’m sure, given the chance to observe a glass half filled with water, you would see a dirty vessel, void of any value to anyone and claim it is a superfund site...
Sorry I'm just not cut and pasting positively spun crap I found on Facebook and know nothing about.

Well, surprised I saw this before it became locked. Biden will have more of an uphill battle than many will believe, especially if advocates get off their laurels and head this off before it gets anywhere.

In the past year, mainly due to rioting/looting/political fears and the pandemic, we have seen record level purchases of firearms. A large portion of which are first time firearm buyers (NSSF stating 40%), including a healthy portion of women and minorities. Even with all the shortages, delays and city/county/state attempts at stifling purchases. One can hope that with these groups that tend to lean towards voting blue, they will start to move the needle on the stance on firearms with their politicians.

NICS data directly from the FBI: 2019 was a record year for background checks, and we went past that total in September.
nics.png

I'm actually pretty hopeful for the future of the shooting sports and 2A in the U.S., and think we'll see many that grow tired of the left side of the aisle beating that same old drum. I'm also looking forward to the used firearm market once the current climate subsides.

Last edited:
Well, surprised I saw this before it became locked. Biden will have more of an uphill battle than many will believe, especially if advocates get off their laurels and head this off before it gets anywhere.

In the past year, mainly due to rioting/looting/political fears and the pandemic, we have seen record level purchases of firearms. A large portion of which are first time firearm buyers (NSSF stating 40%), including a healthy portion of women and minorities. Even with all the shortages, delays and city/county/state attempts at stifling purchases. One can hope that with these groups that tend to lean towards voting blue, they will be start to move the needle on the stance on firearms with their politicians.

NICS data directly from the FBI: 2019 was a record year for background checks, and we went past that total in September.
View attachment 163394

I'm actually pretty hopeful for the future of the shooting sports and 2A in the U.S., and think we'll see many that grow tired of the left side of the aisle beating that same old drum. I'm also looking forward to the used firearm market once the current climate subsides.
This gives me a lot of hope. On the other hand I feel that legislation will be crafted and at the ready. If a large emotional gun crime were to occur it will be pushed to vote without a cool down period.

In the past year, mainly due to rioting/looting/political fears and the pandemic, we have seen record level purchases of firearms. A large portion of which are first time firearm buyers (NSSF stating 40%), including a healthy portion of women and minorities. Even with all the shortages, delays and city/county/state attempts at stifling purchases. One can hope that with these groups that tend to lean towards voting blue, they will start to move the needle on the stance on firearms with their politicians.

View attachment 163394

I'm actually pretty hopeful for the future of the shooting sports and 2A in the U.S., and think we'll see many that grow tired of the left side of the aisle beating that same old drum. I'm also looking forward to the used firearm market once the current climate subside

Bought a 257 bee 2 weeks ago, background check took 4 days, my longest ever. They must be very busy.

Why have an open discussion forum with topics that undoubtedly veer into politics, only to shutdown the discussion when politics are brought up? I personally haven't see anything here that goes beyond spirited debate. I'm sure some folks are not used to direct challenges of their ideas, if not, maybe they should stay in the gear forums.

Not all sunshine and roses.
Lots of economic bragging without mentioning the national debt or federal rate.
A truly good economic time that has been artificially held up by debt and federal discount rate that has been lowered to .25.
The economic policy of this administration has been weekend at Bernie's 3.
If we were to enter a downturn we have no regulatory mechanism to soften the fall.
I think the China flu downturn was softened due to our awesome economy. No regulation needed.

Why have an open discussion forum with topics that undoubtedly veer into politics, only to shutdown the discussion when politics are brought up? I personally haven't see anything here that goes beyond spirited debate. I'm sure some folks are not used to direct challenges of their ideas, if not, maybe they should stay in the gear forums.

Thanks for this. I guess I still dont understand why there are forums on here where public land, hunting and firearm related topics are brought up in the context of regulation or government, and then folks dont expect a raucous political discussion to take place. I understand that if a thread devolves into personal attacks and name calling, it may need some oversight.

I think the China flu downturn was softened due to our awesome economy. No regulation needed.
Really? This is what the federal reserve had done as of July.
My point isn't that I disagree with these movements or that this is a negative to Trump. My point is that the economy is being proped up artificially and people don't see it because they don't want to.
Be wary of someone who tells you everything you want to hear.
My turn to cut and paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back