Yeti GOBOX Collection

Gun sling, Kifaru vs. Sitka

Blaser270

Hello everyone.
I’m looking at the Kifaru Gunbearer that RN uses, vs the Sitka Gun Sling. Not much price difference to speak of. Has anyone actually compared them, one vs the other? Why do you like one or not the other one?
Thanks in advance!
Pete

You should buy all three of the above, compare and contrast, and report back. Please and thank you.

Im leaning to the gunbearer myself, will wait for this discussion to mature however.

I have the Kifaru gunbearer . It does what it was intended to do . I like it . Iv never compared it to any other . So I can’t help you out there.

I have the kifaru. It works. No issues at all. I have no experience with the others. It is nice when wanting to utilize trekking poles.

Hello everyone.
I’m looking at the Kifaru Gunbearer that RN uses, vs the Sitka Gun Sling. Not much price difference to speak of. Has anyone actually compared them, one vs the other? Why do you like one or not the other one?
Thanks in advance!
Pete
I thought Randy used a Mystery ranch sling.
I have the kifaru and I love it. In fairness though I have never used the others but I cant see what else you could want it to do and the price is unbeatable!

KIFARU gets my vote

I personally can't live without my Gunbearer. Purchased 3 years ago and have literally ditched every sling I own. Having the ability to scout early in the year to late in season, have both hands free, use hiking poles if needed. The Kifaru is fast and at the ready if you need your rifle. I spend over 70 days in the field and almost always have a rifle with me aside from Sept when I archery hunt. Depending on season my choice of rifle spends half its life on an ATV, the other in the Kifaru Gunbearer while hiking the mountains. The kifaru fits every rifle I own. Honestly as I am writing this I am kicking myself because I need to order a 2nd one from Kifaru so I don't have to switch back and forth between my packs.

I have the gunbearer as well. Been using it for a couple seasons now and wish I had it earlier. Makes hiking easier and more comfortable

Still another gunbearer here. Last year was my first year with it and the difference was amazing. I use it with my MR Cabinet and the freedom of your hands and ability to use trekking poles is great. Twice last year my trekking poles literally saved my ass on icy/snowy trails and that was only possible because of the gunbearer. It saves effort and worry of trying to control a rifle on your shoulder. Bonus is that your rifle is at the ready in a snap. I think it is a screaming bargain.

Gunbearer. love it. Takes a minute to get used to but as soon as you do, its super handy. freedom of both hands is incomparable, and the fact that your muzzle isn't constantly in the twigs and brush just above your head is awesome. I've used mine for 2 seasons and dont even want to try something different.

I prefer a Kuiu lower and a Kifaru upper. The kuiu lower doesn't hang up on the rifle or allow it to twist because it attaches to your belt on each side of the cradle rather than one strap in the middle.

I have the Sitka Sling. It is honestly my least favorite piece of Sitka gear. I have the Mountain Hauler pack and thought it would naturally work great with the pack. Perhaps it is me, but I adjusted that thing 20 times last season and could not get it to ride right. I ended up halfway through my Montana hunt removing it and just using a Quake sling on my shoulder. The other guy in my group running the Sitka Sling had the exact same experience and ended up just using the sling on his gun. I plan to try the Kifaru next.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back