Caribou Gear

Gun Show Find

shrapnel

At the Kalispell gun show this weekend, i found a couple real nice rifles. This one is a custom Model 70 action in 270 with exceptioonal wood and workmanship. This is a custom rifle built by a guy named Bob Johnson, who I know nothing about. He does good work and built a beautiful rifle...

thumbnail_IMG_4613.jpgthumbnail_IMG_4614.jpgthumbnail_IMG_4615.jpgthumbnail_IMG_4616.jpgthumbnail_IMG_4617.jpgthumbnail_IMG_4619.jpgthumbnail_IMG_4620.jpgthumbnail_IMG_4621.jpgthumbnail_IMG_4623.jpg

Damn that's nice. Never heard of the guy who built it but looks very high quality. I would have jumped on that in a heartbeat. Nice find!

Very nice find! You must of found it after I headed home Saturday. Never heard of the builder but he does nice work hope it shoots as good as it looks.

Very nice find! You must of found it after I headed home Saturday. Never heard of the builder but he does nice work hope it shoots as good as it looks.

No, I had seen it earlier during the show, but the guy was around $6000 and I was hesitant to spend that much on it. I worked on him as hard as I could to get it more affordable and he finally got into my price range.

No, I had seen it earlier during the show, but the guy was around $6000 and I was hesitant to spend that much on it. I worked on him as hard as I could to get it more affordable and he finally got into my price range.
It will look good on a 6x6 Bull this fall. But in the meantime work some prairie dogs over.

Bob was a custom builder from Spokane in the 60's and 70's. He built a couple of Rifles for Jack O'Connor. A contemporary of Al Biesen.
That rifle is a thing of beauty.
The guy I bought it from said the same thing, but I don't know how you would check that out with the time that has passed...

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back