Gun purge for moving west.

Scott85

I’m trying to purge my stuff for my upcoming move to Nevada. I’m getting rid of eastern hunting gear and looking at my guns and trying to figure out if I will ever use them again.
The first is a 22mag bolt action rifle that I haven’t used in a number of years and I don’t see me using again.
The second one is a savage 220 20 gauge slug gun. I know places like Montana have restricted areas where this might come in handy but I’ve never wanted to hunt these areas.
I’m just trying to streamline my junk.

TN2shot07

Trade them in for a heavily utilized weapon! No safe queens!!
I’m in the process of this right now and it sucks lol if I didn’t inherit it and haven’t shot it in the last couple years it time to go! I know this goes against some philosophy on here 😂

shb

Nevada has grey fox, and high quality Bobcats.

22mag is good for both, and will work fairly good for coyotes until you get a dedicated varmint rifle put together.

Fwiw

Dakotakid

I use my 22 mag more than a 22.
I would regret selling mine… just saying.

The 20 gauge slug, I dunno.

p_ham

22mag will be good for ground squirrels, we have WMAs that are shotgun/archery only too. Hard to draw. But they're there.

elkduds

I won't be selling my 22 mag in the foreseeable future. Good luck w your move.

Last edited:

kansasdad

I like my Savage 20 gauge quite a bit. 150 yards of no problem slug shooting, which is 100 yards more than my smoothbore slug gun minute of deer accuracy using just a fiberoptic bead aiming system. And it has a short enough pull length so that it can be handled by smaller/younger shooters if you were going to mentor those types of hunters.

WNC2500

@kansasdad , i totally agree about the savage 20. I have been looking for one for my dad. He is 74 and still hunts with shotgun (bird gun), 870, and shoots slugs. I want to improve his distance.

Gr8bawana

That .22 Mag will be great fun for target practice on the plentiful jack rabbits out here. 🐰

KB_

I’m trying to purge my stuff for my upcoming move to Nevada. I’m getting rid of eastern hunting gear and looking at my guns and trying to figure out if I will ever use them again.
The first is a 22mag bolt action rifle that I haven’t used in a number of years and I don’t see me using again.
The second one is a savage 220 20 gauge slug gun. I know places like Montana have restricted areas where this might come in handy but I’ve never wanted to hunt these areas.
I’m just trying to streamline my junk.
Strong word of advice. Keep your guns

OntarioHunter

I would toss the .22 mag. Expensive to shoot and right now difficult to find ammo. I don't see any point in keeping either gun for a future maybe use. If you have an 870 or Mossturd 500 bird gun, you can always pick up a slug barrel cheap very easily should the unlikely need for one arise.

I am not a gun collector. I use as few of them as I can. Save my money for other better uses ... like hunting and fishing trips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbingiraq