Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Gun Buy Back

All it does is piss away taxpayer dollars and ruins some nice guns.
That's okay. Just puts more people to work manufacturing replacements. Don't you know wasteful consumerism is good for the economy? Maybe not so good for dwindling natural resources or global warming but that doesn't matter. Makes jobs to pay those taxes. Win win situation ... unless your a polar bear. 😄

That's okay. Just puts more people to work manufacturing replacements. Don't you know wasteful consumerism is good for the economy? Maybe not so good for dwindling natural resources or global warming but that doesn't matter. Makes jobs to pay those taxes. Win win situation ... unless your a polar bear. 😄

I think the point they were trying to make is once gun buy backs is normalized it will never stop until they have completely disarmed the society. They are playing the long game.

I wonder if you could just hang out off to the side and outbid them for some of those guns. Something tells me we won’t be having any of these in NE Montana though. 😂

Gee, I don't know ... let's see ... I make some money getting rid of a bunch of unsafe useless junk and the antigun public gains an impression something's been accomplished to combat crime. Sure, maybe it's an illusion, but what difference does that make? Everyone goes home happy. What's so "stupid" about that? You say it is and that just makes it so. Pfft. I could sell these junkers at a flea market and maybe make some money that way too. And then lose sleep wondering if some idiot hurt himself trying to shoot these guns.
But...but...but if mtmuley says it is then it is absolutely 100% true, written in stone, irrefutable, undeniable, unquestionable and incontrovertible. ;)

FWIW - if I had an unrepairable (or otherwise worthless) firearm I would (and have) bend the barrel in a vise and throw it and the bolt/wheel/other key part of firing group into separate trash cans and sleep well. If it so happened somebody was dumb enough to give me $300 on that same day just a few blocks away, of course I would take it. But I wouldn't store the thing for years or drive miles over it.

I wonder how many Of these I could build and turn in before they said no more

When we were cleaning out my wife's grandpa's place after he died changing a tire on his 95th birthday, my father-in-law found a homemade pistol hidden in the couch. A piece of pipe, a lilac bush root, some duct tape, etc. Up here owning a real handgun requires a special "restricted weapon" license which neither grandpa nor any of the rest of us possessed. My folks had come up from Montana to pick up our year-old daughter to take home for a visit. FIL shows the handgun to Dad and asks him what we should do with it. "You wanna take it home with you, Jack?" Dad looks it over for a second then tosses it out in the adjacent hayfield as far as his worn out shoulder would allow. "There, problem solved."

Last edited:
Whoever gave up that 39a really oughta have a talking to.

And there's a dragunov in that pile too.
Correction: what they actually need

Attachments

• AE7E743D-1DD3-42C4-B823-03B56B4558D7.gif
    AE7E743D-1DD3-42C4-B823-03B56B4558D7.gif
    146.5 KB · Views: 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back