Gun Buy Back

That poor, sweet, innocent Ruger #1 got caught up in a gun buy back in Oakland today. $100-$300 gift card was the going rate. 😢

Moment of silence, please.
I'm actually hoping for a gun buy back in my area because I've got a couple of inoperable .22 rifles and at least I could get something for them and use any $ to buy other stuff.

I'm actually hoping for a gun buy back in my area because I've got a couple of inoperable .22 rifles and at least I could get something for them and use any $ to buy other stuff.
That's great except aren't gun buy back programs supposed to get dangerous weapons of the street. I don't think they are for people to profit off of their junk. But, looks like that's what happens. mtmuley

That's great except aren't gun buy back programs supposed to get dangerous weapons of the street. I don't think they are for people to profit off of their junk. But, looks like that's what happens. mtmuley
My 20 gauge is dangerous. That's why I won't sell it or give it away. Besides, I"ve been told that "ALL GUNS" are dangerous. :)

How long before forced gun buy backs start happening. I dont buy guns often, I think I've bought guns 4 separate events. Everything else I have was inherited. I couldn't imagine parting with any of them. Every time I look at my Remington 1100 and and my custom .270 that I inherited after my grandpa passed away, I go back in time.

Yea, not everybody feels that way about their things I guess. I have a golf glove sewed back together three times, and a cheapo pocket knife from my grandpa that is worth nothing but is absolutely priceless to me.

One of the other pictures from this buyback showed a Magnum Research Lone Eagle single shot pistol. Some people really lost market value on this but back

How long before forced gun buy backs start happening. I dont buy guns often, I think I've bought guns 4 separate events. Everything else I have was inherited. I couldn't imagine parting with any of them. Every time I look at my Remington 1100 and and my custom .270 that I inherited after my grandpa passed away, I go back in time.

Yea, not everybody feels that way about their things I guess. I have a golf glove sewed back together three times, and a cheapo pocket knife from my grandpa that is worth nothing but is absolutely priceless to me.
There won't be mandatory buybacks for traditional hunting rifles/shotguns/revolvers in your lifetime. ARs and large magazines, 50-50 proposition.

Just 'cuz you could make a buck or two from your junk pile doesn't refute the statement that gun buybacks are stupid.
Gee, I don't know ... let's see ... I make some money getting rid of a bunch of unsafe useless junk and the antigun public gains an impression something's been accomplished to combat crime. Sure, maybe it's an illusion, but what difference does that make? Everyone goes home happy. What's so "stupid" about that? You say it is and that just makes it so. Pfft. I could sell these junkers at a flea market and maybe make some money that way too. And then lose sleep wondering if some idiot hurt himself trying to shoot these guns.

Gee, I don't know ... let's see ... I make some money getting rid of a bunch of unsafe useless junk and the antigun public gains an impression something's been accomplished to combat crime. Sure, maybe it's an illusion, but what difference does that make? Everyone goes home happy. What's so "stupid" about that? You say it is and that just makes it so. Pfft. I could sell these junkers at a flea market and maybe make some money that way too. And then lose sleep wondering if some idiot hurt himself trying to shoot these guns.
Well, guess you can sleep well at night. mtmuley

Well, guess you can sleep well at night. mtmuley
Actually, yes. Until the province has its next buy back, these guns are stored absent essential operating parts. So even if they're stolen no one will get hurt shooting them.

I would destroy them (or just keep them) as far as junk guns go. Not giving the libs one iota of a statistic to claim their buy back program was a success.

Oh boy.

To whom it may concern:

If we could get this locked up sooner rather than later. Went from being sad about nice guns getting ruined to politics real fast.

Thanks. -Me

Oh boy.

To whom it may concern:

If we could get this locked up sooner rather than later. Went from being sad about nice guns getting ruined to politics real fast.

Thanks. -Me
It’s going to take name calling, as it should. Mere political discomfort isn’t usually enough

Back