Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Gun Buy Back

Gun buybacks are stupid. mtmuley

I really think it depends on the location and gun. In life so often it’s not what we do, but how we do it.

Those weapons should be assessed by actual experts and their future should be set.

I’d line up at a firearm auction to buy that #1. The rifle would be owned by a safe mediocre hunter, and the funds could go to mental health care for youth in Oakland.

I really think it depends on the location and gun. In life so often it’s not what we do, but how we do it.

Those weapons should be assessed by actual experts and their future should be set.

I’d line up at a firearm auction to buy that #1. The rifle would be owned by a safe mediocre hunter, and the funds could go to mental health care for youth in Oakland.
Gun buy backs, other than handguns in the inner city, are all merely performative. The true believers need to know these evil weapons are destroyed for full cathartic performative glow.

Straight bolt best I could tell, so probably VZ-24.
G98 has a straight bolt

Edit: if you look up towards the muzzle you can see that little stud coming down? I'm not sure what it is but I did some comparisons and a vz doesn't have it, but the g98 does. Which makes me want to cry real, actual tears.

G98 has a straight bolt

Edit: if you look up towards the muzzle you can see that little stud coming down? I'm not sure what it is but I did some comparisons and a vz doesn't have it, but the g98 does. Which makes me want to cry real, actual tears.
Turns out you’re correct on the bolt handle. I assumed it would be bent like the m98. Also, it looks like a g98 sight also.

Turns out you’re correct on the bolt handle. I assumed it would be bent like the m98. Also, it looks like a g98 sight also.
At least the g98 was a "weapon of war" 100 years ago. ;) Nine out of 11 are small/no magazine hunting firearms. Good job do gooders handing out money to harmless folks cleaning out their closets. smh

Some nice ones in this pile, too!

ETA, according to their post, 131 guns were surrendered, and over $10,000 in gift cards were given.

Total crime reduced: 0%…cost to the tax payer, $10,000+ … crappy gardening tools gained, too many.

Wouldn’t it be ironic if the garden tools made were used in the commission of a crime? Probably more likely than ever being held up by that lever action there.

Attachments

• 2E50A573-0CA1-4D3D-8A09-0E9E9515BE2A.png
    2E50A573-0CA1-4D3D-8A09-0E9E9515BE2A.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Some nice ones in this pile, too!

ETA, according to their post, 131 guns were surrendered, and over $10,000 in gift cards were given.

Total crime reduced: 0%…cost to the tax payer, $10,000+ … crappy gardening tools gained, too many.

Wouldn’t it be ironic if the garden tools made were used in the commission of a crime? Probably more likely than ever being held up by that lever action there.
That picture is WAAAAAAAY worse.

At least the g98 was a "weapon of war" 100 years ago. ;) Nine out of 11 are small/no magazine hunting firearms. Good job do gooders handing out money to harmless folks cleaning out their closets. smh
The “weapon of war” issue only matters to the emotionally wishy washy.

It’s sad that I don’t see a pile of hi-points, Mossbergs and home made shotguns. Must not have been too many resourceful folks aware of the buy back.

Gun buybacks are stupid. mtmuley
Not always. I have a bunch of junk from my wife's grandad that was left at my house. Been waiting for a buy back to make a couple of bucks off that junk. Marlin bolt action 12 gauge with homemade clip, an old JC Higgins pump shotgun with a chunk of pipe brazed on the end where the choke blew off, a WWI Enfield that's been totally butchered, single shot .22 Ross that looks like it was rescued from the Titanic ... a few years ago.

Back