Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Gun Bearer?

Muskeez

My daughter has a Badlands Day pack. She hates using the sling on the rifle as she doesn't have broad enough shoulders to keep it there. It's constantly sliding down. Will the Kifaru gun bearer work on a small pack like that? What other models/brands should we be looking at? Which one is the quickest to get your rifle out of when a deer pops out at your feet?
THANKS SO MUCH for any advice!!

Stone Glacier has one... they all seems pretty similar to be honest. You can rig them up a lot of different ways, I have mine in the under arm position like Randy does... so far has kept my scope from getting nailed on a couple of falls.

I have taken it off my SG pack and put in on a camelbak day pack for duck hunting. I have a quake sling as well... they work better than most slings and for two years I carried both into the field but now I just use the gun barer, traditional slings just fall off too ease and are uncomfortable.

I bet you could even rig a gun barer up to your belt and your bino harness if you didn't want to carry a pack.

Last edited:
I used to have a Badlands pack with a Kifaru Universal Gun Bearer attached to it, it worked great.

What badlands day pack does she have ? If it has the molle web sewn onto the belt you can order the Kifaru butt stock holder and then the universal forend strap works very well on my MR Pop Up 1800

My daughter has a Badlands Day pack. She hates using the sling on the rifle as she doesn't have broad enough shoulders to keep it there. It's constantly sliding down. Will the Kifaru gun bearer work on a small pack like that? What other models/brands should we be looking at? Which one is the quickest to get your rifle out of when a deer pops out at your feet?
THANKS SO MUCH for any advice!!

If that's the issue just affix the standard sling to your straps such as with the chest strap

45$!? Good grief.

All of my packs have these on them- http://slingsaver.net/index.html

They work great.

Right, but how much was your sling... the two together is an apples to apples cost comparison. SG, gave me some extra buckles so that I could modify my sling barer.

So... $8.99 good grief I was able to get the parts to modify existing equipment I already had for free.

Right, but how much was your sling... the two together is an apples to apples cost comparison. SG, gave me some extra buckles so that I could modify my sling barer.

So... $8.99 good grief I was able to get the parts to modify existing equipment I already had for free.

You use a sling with either one...? I'm not sure what you're saying here.

I don't use a sling, just the gun barer. A gun barer doesn't require you to have a sling in addition. I'm not nocking the slingsaver... actually looks like a great option.

More was suggesting your argument of price was specious, and generally just being a PITA.

I don't use a sling, just the gun barer. A gun barer doesn't require you to have a sling in addition. I'm not nocking the slingsaver... actually looks like a great option.

More was suggesting your argument of price was specious, and generally just being a PITA.

I thought I was pretty obviously referencing the stud in Pointer's link.

Last edited:
I prefer the Stone Glacier layout to Kifaru's. I've used both a lot. With the Kifaru and barrel in front I get whacked in the face climbing over deadfall and stuff.

+1 for the Gunbearer set up RN style under the arm.
-Brian

Last edited:
I purchased the Kifaru Gun Bearer this year and used it for a late season elk huntin. Worked well for quick access and out of the way when using trekking poles in the snow. It took a little to get used to but in the end was preferable to the over my shoulder sling. I used it with a Eberlestock X2. It does add weight to your pack so it is good to have a pack waist band that can support the extra weight.

Love the Kifaru Gun Bearer.
No problem with it being in front of my chest and it's always ready to be deployed.

I love my gun bearer, but if you do a lot of walking and your daughter is on the younger size I would consider this: (http://specialtyoutdoorproducts.net/...nckney_MI.html) Was particularly great for hunting with my son when he was younger. No way for him to accidentally drop and when we were training in our new lab good to have gun secure and hands free. Though that was upland, not sure how it would work with a pack.

I have my gun bearer rigged up on my metcalf - wondering if anyone has any pics on how they have theirs? I have the universal long size and messed around a bit with it at different heights/places, but just curious on how others have theirs setup. I would rather have my bow in my hand, but when I have the rifle, I get so tired of it slipping off my shoulder.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back