Caribou Gear Tarp

Gun Bearer?

I tried to order one and they are out of stock. Will have to look again in the off season.

I have my gun bearer rigged up on my metcalf - wondering if anyone has any pics on how they have theirs? I have the universal long size and messed around a bit with it at different heights/places, but just curious on how others have theirs setup. I would rather have my bow in my hand, but when I have the rifle, I get so tired of it slipping off my shoulder.

I have the universal gun bearer on a MR Guidelight frame (metcalf, pintler, mule, etc). I think I used the smaller of the two universal straps but not 100% certain. Here as pics as requested:

Side:

KGB - 1.jpg

Top:

KGB - 2.jpg

Bottom:

KGB - 3.jpg

Upper Strap:

KGB - 4.jpg

Old-ish thread but seemed like a good spot for my question.

While in the gun bearer, anyone have their rifle trying to kind of roll away from their body, like it wants to be slung upside down?

I have taken to putting my rifle into the gun bearer scope down so it stays tucked closer to my side and away from my arm, even though I know this is incorrect.

I just can't seem to get my rifle to sit like Randy's. Anyone else have this issue or has maybe found a way to fix it?

That's what I'm running. I've tried raising the butt piece up and down, forward and backward on the belt, I still get the rifle wanting to roll out and away from my side.

I may just have to run the rifle upside down in it.

That's what I'm running. I've tried raising the butt piece up and down, forward and backward on the belt, I still get the rifle wanting to roll out and away from my side.

I may just have to run the rifle upside down in it.
I have the same issue Bluejeep. I can't find a way to make it sit correctly and comfortably.

I have the same issue Bluejeep. I can't find a way to make it sit correctly and comfortably.
Make sure the top Velcro piece is tight on the stock and not connected to the barrel. Preferable below the swivel stud if you can. That helped my gun stay put in the gunbearer.

I believe I tried that before, but I'll try again when I get home (in a week). The only thing that seems to help is having the gun in a near vertical position instead of angling forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back