Guess my age ????

Is it just me or does all the old labeling and the old boxing or old advertising just seem so much cooler than the stuff they do nowadays or maybe I’m just old and nostalgic
The old stuff is pretty cool. I am going to somehow display all the old boxes I have when I get my manroom done someday. mtmuley

I remember GI Joe’s when I moved back to Oregon in 87 , I seem to have a faint memory of a WIGWAM in Hillsboro ? maybe I went there with my grandfather in the 70s when I came down on vacation to visit relatives , I think they had a Tee Pee logo in their design . But my memory is very very very faded on the Wigwam is even accurate
If I remember right, they had one in Hillsboro and one in Tigard

A couple of shell boxes that I keep on the bookcase in the house. The 12 ga. shells are all loaded. The Silvertip shells were used to cull elk in Yellowstone Park back in the day. The guy that shot them came into the shop that my brother was working at years ago wanting to sell several hundred once fired cases. He had worked in the park and said that damn near every shell had killed an elk, mostly bulls, because that is what was there in the winter when they were shooting them.20220101_132337.jpg20220101_132725.jpg

Cleaning and packing for my move , came across this old gun oil can, it’s an antique now , still got oil in it, Must’ve been my dad’s , I have no idea why I have it or when I got it , the old faded price tag looks like it says .29 cents , and was sold at the Wigwam ? Guessing that was an old sporting good store was this a national chain or a local ? I could Google all this stuff , but I’m more curious to find out what other peoples answers are . Anyone got a clue as to when this might have hit the shelves ? Is it 70s or the 60s can’t be 50’s .29 cents seems to expensive for that decade

View attachment 207382
View attachment 207383

I believe my dad had some of that in the late 70s early 80s. That's when I was young and that can looks really familiar.

A couple of shell boxes that I keep on the bookcase in the house. The 12 ga. shells are all loaded. The Silvertip shells were used to cull elk in Yellowstone Park back in the day. The guy that shot them came into the shop that my brother was working at years ago wanting to sell several hundred once fired cases. He had worked in the park and said that damn near every shell had killed an elk, mostly bulls, because that is what was there in the winter when they were shooting them.View attachment 207414View attachment 207415
I can shoot those shotshells. I have a Model 12 Featherweight. Cool stuff. mtmuley

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back