Guess Hank's gauge.

Somehow it does not feel as bad as an RPG hit now. The shock stuff has not hit yet I know. And I wasn't shocked.
But fretting over stuff you have no control over makes me more proactive and searching for answers.

Today is the 3rd day of long drives and I was tired coming back from the store I admit.

I have to decide of I should get a motel/hotel room with floor room that takes dogs and keep him with me or a good kennel that a rescue dog would fit in.
My big sis said they would cover a hotel.
I do not think it would be wise to try 14 days straight of two 3 hour drives with possible nausea or on pain pills.
But 2 weeks of city...jeezus.

I'm not in pain now and just sore and no pain pill today. I'll cogitate on it. Siesta time Rio says.

Maybe a place to stay that’s closer but not all the way into the big city?
Been on bring fido. I'd rather not commute to far around Alb. Or I'd stay in SF which might be the ticket.
I'd take the hit and hole up if the motel is not a crank hangout and its near the Range Rudys or Garcias...lol
The decent places are very pricey or taken then. I gotta see when the balloon deal is .

the closer to Been on bring fido. I'd rather not commute to far around Alb. Or I'd stay in SF which might be the ticket.
I'd take the hit and hole up if the motel is not a crank hangout and its near the Range Rudys or Garcias...lol
The decent places are very pricey or taken then. I gotta see when the balloon deal is .
Every desirable location has upped their prices at least 30%...more if you book closer to your intended date. Some is justified, some not.

Every desirable location has upped their prices at least 30%...more if you book closer to your intended date. Some is justified, some not.

and beggars can't be choosers, but I'll take the hit to not have to shoot a tweeker
The hospital should have a social services department. Maybe they can help? I understand what you're up against. We're a 4 hour rounder to the nearest doctor place.
I have a sit down Tues with Medicare palio services folks at clinic and the test mapping is done the next day and will talk to staff and check some places out while I'm there.
There was a patient services gal that I met. I'll call clinic tomorrow.

93 and some raindrops.
Going to be a good weekend opener weather for elk.

2-3 weeks of 5 consecutive, , 10-20 min a day treatments.
I just need start date after biopsy and will book hotel w/Rio. Sis says book the 3 weeks...and she checked out my Doc's, LOL. Says I'm in impressive hands.
I will become a hotel hermit and Rio will become the star he is. Guy is a chick magnet I tell ya. Rio at Traders..sure thing.

3 of the 4 patients in the clinic were younger than 40. A couple ,with the wife/patient, husband IBEW tshirt & DU cap. She is looking good in her Sitka pink tone T. She has to be 8 months pregnant. Maybe 25.
He looks concerned and she's talking elk hunting.
Positive.

'Don't know what your options are, Hank, but once prostate cancer became my diagnosis ... it was, "Get that SOB outta me; it's been nothing but a urological pain for sometime!"
I underwent a robotic prostatectomy at Huntsman Cancer Institute in SLC and (other than my severed patellar tendon backpacking injury) I have been going stronger than ever before ... albeit a bit slower.

Thoughts and prayers are for a healthier stronger you ... and nothing but good juju from now on!

Talking to my aunt she reminded me David had it beat for 14 years before it came back and we fought the good fight til the end.
She also informed me his brother,my last uncle of my dad bros, got prostate C 35 years ago,10 years ago it came back. He is cancer free today 10 years later and about to greet 100. Just retired from the high domo at in the Masons. Palm Springs.

Rio is practicing his hotel carpet flop at my feet. I am practicing just kibble and firm treats with him.

Benfromabuequerque has a fold up kennel house we can borrow and helped with the hotel info.
Others have pmed with help and support.

Thanks all.
All I ever get on MM was a boot.

'Don't know what your options are, Hank, but once prostate cancer became my diagnosis ... it was, "Get that SOB outta me; it's been nothing but a urological pain for sometime!"
I underwent a robotic prostatectomy at Huntsman Cancer Institute in SLC and (other than my severed patellar tendon backpacking injury) I have been going stronger than ever before ... albeit a bit slower.

Thoughts and prayers are for a healthier stronger you ... and nothing but good juju from now on!
Mine is on the bone only, as of now. In spots. We might have caught it early.

No rain in 2 weeks. Hopefully back by weekend to cool things down. Been in the 80's and hit 90 again in Alb. today.
Elk spread out all over. Saw a big boy the other morning @ 0430.

Well all mapped & marked for treatments now. My techs are cool and bumped me up. One guy has a 52 elk tag soon....lol
Biopsy next week then 2 weeks of radiation on spots daily during the week. Home Friday- Monday.

Met my pain management nurse yesterday and she is the best looking gal I've seen in years. Literally. Hubby is prowling the Gila for bulls.
She has me covered and found me lodging through the hospital foundation, free..... Rio will be $40 a week.
I drove by today to check it out and it's perfect. Shopping & food nearby and close to the hwy. Shade trees.
I also picked up a new mattress to go with Rio's new bed.
I'm beat after 2 days of driving into Alb. and back in a row. Today I left Rio in the house and he was fine.
We had Rudy's BBQ brisket for dinner.....near the long stay place.
Tomorrow a trip through the White Mtns and to pharmacy for last time this month.

I lucked out on everything ,so far. Excellent Doc's and staff, all.
Not in pain or worried really for the 1st time since Memorial day.

Thankful for the support from my family & friends and the HT gang.

No rain in 2 weeks. Hopefully back by weekend to cool things down. Been in the 80's and hit 90 again in Alb. today.
Elk spread out all over. Saw a big boy the other morning @ 0430.

Well all mapped & marked for treatments now. My techs are cool and bumped me up. One guy has a 52 elk tag soon....lol
Biopsy next week then 2 weeks of radiation on spots daily during the week. Home Friday- Monday.

Met my pain management nurse yesterday and she is the best looking gal I've seen in years. Literally. Hubby is prowling the Gila for bulls.
She has me covered and found me lodging through the hospital foundation, free..... Rio will be $40 a week.
I drove by today to check it out and it's perfect. Shopping & food nearby and close to the hwy. Shade trees.
I also picked up a new mattress to go with Rio's new bed.
I'm beat after 2 days of driving into Alb. and back in a row. Today I left Rio in the house and he was fine.
We had Rudy's BBQ brisket for dinner.....near the long stay place.
Tomorrow a trip through the White Mtns and to pharmacy for last time this month.

I lucked out on everything ,so far. Excellent Doc's and staff, all.
Not in pain or worried really for the 1st time since Memorial day.

Thankful for the support from my family & friends and the HT gang.
Sounds like it’s all coming together, good for you. Glad you got a place to stay with rio. I have an uncle (75 years old) going through the same thing right now. Prayers for you both.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back