MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Guess Hank's gauge.

Hank, that is an awesome price for Rio. You ran into some good people.

Love Rudy's barbeque.

I am happy you have it under control.

I once spent 5 months on light duty, working in the office. I had to listen to bull all day. Life was not good.
I would rather clean a bathroom or pick up trash than spend more time than needed in their office . Even when I had light duty I found a way to be useful elsewhere. My office was in the Maintenance building. Or on the lake in the boat.
I think they thought Parks&Rec and the Office was about them. Now that I have watched them once, they where right. Folks that just take up time in an office and don't accomplish anything ,each day.

Rio & I had a nice day getting the store runs in and calls made. We even found a spot between hunt camps for a walk off 180 and the San Francisco River. He was interested in the waterstriders. I found a mini Douglas Iris.

Got home and switched mattress' out. Golly gosh or something was spoken. Clean air dried sheets on bed.
Ate a Rudy's brisket sammich and a smoked chop with apricot chile sammich. Had a cuppa and fell alseep watching the news.
Woke at 8pm and checked texts.
mrcowboy got one through from the wifes hide near water in the Gila. She had several close and a 6x6 30 yards away but surrounded by cows. Hot he says. We'll catch up over pie soon.

Went to bed at o dark.
. Slept straight thru til 3 am. 2 bulls bugling this morning from their corners.
No one hunting the 2 ES LO tags I offered. Oh well.

mrcowboy just texted it's raining in the basin this morning,unexpected he says...lol someone forgot the raingear.

Fall is here.
40's in mornings and 80's daytime. Rains are back after 2 weeks off. Grasses & flowers ripening and fall colors everywhere.
My friends came by Sat. to check the ranch out and pick up the tag numbers. Mom is hanging in with chemo and was good to see her. Dad is most grateful for tags and wishes he could hunt it as much as mom.
Their son Billy is twice the size of the last time I saw him. Married now too.
His wife will use the MB tag and Billy will be trying with the bow starting the 15th.
Hopefully they can fill the freezers.

Rio hung out here while I went in for blood work before biopsy Wed. Loves his new bed.
We spent the day enjoying the sun some before the rains came in. Heavy tomorrow they say.

Onward and upward.
I guess I just plain forgot about the Pie Festival . Oh well, next year maybe. Meantime I get to enjoy the downtime.

Fall is here.
40's in mornings and 80's daytime. Rains are back after 2 weeks off. Grasses & flowers ripening and fall colors everywhere.
My friends came by Sat. to check the ranch out and pick up the tag numbers. Mom is hanging in with chemo and was good to see her. Dad is most grateful for tags and wishes he could hunt it as much as mom.
Their son Billy is twice the size of the last time I saw him. Married now too.
His wife will use the MB tag and Billy will be trying with the bow starting the 15th.
Hopefully they can fill the freezers.

Rio hung out here while I went in for blood work before biopsy Wed. Loves his new bed.
We spent the day enjoying the sun some before the rains came in. Heavy tomorrow they say.

Onward and upward.
I guess I just plain forgot about the Pie Festival . Oh well, next year maybe. Meantime I get to enjoy the downtime.
Fortunately you treat yourself to personal pie festivals regularly. Raining today?

Heavy is prediction for afternoon. Gotta run in and check the mail.
Hopefully not to much mud in morning for trip to biopsy.

I see more pie in my future. Once a month should do.
'Trying to cut back myself. However, as I reflect on my stage in life and on my past missed pie opportunities, I am concerned about my significant Pie Deficit! :D

'Trying to cut back myself. However, as I reflect on my stage in life and on my past missed pie opportunities, I am concerned about my significant Pie Deficit! :D
I'll make up my shortage Fri. , I see an opportunity!

So this morning the cell phone works, I get a call from clinic.
I tested positive for covid. Blood test yesterday.
No symptoms at all.
Puts off my biopsy 10 days. Quarintine,self or something,no retest.
I'll get it in the morning before planned radiation treatment. Last of week. Tough, long day it looks.

Oh well.
Fresh smoked bacon on BLT's tonight. Avo option.
Rio is in on his bed, just had a good boomer and it's getting darker. Here she comes! Rain.

So very little rain on my place the last few weeks has brought on fall colors and bugles.
Supposed to pour again this next week. Puddles drying and lakes still full.

Billy & wife have been here for a couple days with the bow in hand. This morning was very entertaining from the couch. He had 2 bulls replying with no takers. Kid can bugle. Cow calls perfect.
They came out the 15th and the 2 bulls left with the cows hanging out across the fence that morning.
They went off to relatives place down the road and have the camper and would be in touch after a chat at the gate.
5pm I heard a loud bugle just below the house. On and off he goes for the next hour, with responses in the distance. Rio is out chewing on bones. Finally Rio has had enough and stands there barking at the bull just out of sight in the trees. Back and forth they go. I finally get him back in the house.
That is no hunter on the public land nearby.
I try & text Billy there is a bull here, right here. No cell service...LOL.

It goes through around 9pm and Billy calls back, what's up?. I tell him there are 3 bulls out there now. Were you here earlier? No,why....LOL well there are bulls all around now.

This morning was a fun start to the ranch season. I just envisioned what was going on from the couch.
I finally heard the truck start after a long lull in the chorus.
Billy had a big boy in the corner for a while. Wide bull he said, got his interest up. Plans for the evening if they show again and is rare. There was still one right there on the other neighbors place for the day he said when I got to the fence and their truck.
She was busy texting family about the morning. She has the next hunt with her rifle. Excited. Cute couple.
Great bugle hand off I notice when they were right in front of house at 1st light, him back to her, no look.

Something tells me Billy will bypass on the afternoon branding session with family in trade for another chance at that wide bull again today.

Leave Monday for Alb. and 1st treatments and stay. Still no covid symptoms . Onward.

Treatments are OK. The hard bed of the machine for 15-20 min was tough on the spine.
Having 3 young gals adjust my shorts to start helped the ego...now I can just go in and get ready myseff,old school. LOL
Treatment is painless except the hard bed & the noise .

Got a haircut in morning 1st. I looked like one of the local homeless guys. Now I look like a homeless Sam Elliot, with a white beard...LOL
Got the tv off last night and can't get signal this morning,typical old fart shite. I did get the wifi working obviously.
Ground floor room,kitchenette,king lump bed, north facing so not hot.
Rio has been a good boy. Sleeping on his bed.
Several folks with dogs here. Timing of walks...no run ins with the guy down the ways Mastiff or the ladies teacups.

Rudy's bbq up the street and a Blakes. Had a Range Cafe burger last night and there is a Buck-bucks on the corner.

No elk calling here.
Just sore ass Hank in Albacrackie. We got this.

Nearest market is WF ,but at least it's not boarded up...half this town is,literally.
Found a Walgreens to get a bottle of water and windows being replaced this morning. Bringing more than one milk jug full of well water next week.
The Starbucks closes the shop @ 4pm and at least the drive thru is open @5am.

Had to put Rio in the BR while the maintenance guy showed me what I screwed up on the tv controller. The guy was attacked by 3 dobies once...everyone is afraid of Rio,lol.
He does tend to be a bit protective and barky at times. Hence the ear covers that ride my dash. His happy bark is a high pitched ear popper...LOL
Homeless vet guy almost passed on the fin I had out the window at buckbucks and he had a pitbull.
Getting good at hitting the green strips in parking lots for Rio to inspect. Goatheads and thorns everywhere here and he hates them.
Going to hit a pet store for a new collar and long leash for Rio. He hates being leashed too...LOL But he minds.

Cool and overcast today. Rio can go with me to the clinic since it's not hot out.
We'll cruise the Whole Foods for poodles and yoga pants later.

We got this.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back