Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Grouse Season is Almost Here

Gonna be this gal's first year out hunting. Problem is I have a bull tag that requires my full attention and any spare time and cannot be rushed.

I made an oath to The Hunting Gods that if I can get the bull tag filled appropriately, I will spend the rest of hunting season bird hunting with her and forgo any deer hunting. I am dreaming of Big Blues on high October ridges.

Nyssa1.jpg

Tough schedule. I get to fish and hunt with the masses labor day weekend.

You speaking of the masses in the Bozeman area that are really not an issue?;)
Having the weekdays to chuck streamers in the Yellowstone and follow the dogs along 8500' ridges will indeed make it easier for an old Bozeman hater to be less miserable.:D

Yeah, I gotta fish Tueday, Wednesday and Friday - so know what ya' mean......

Tough schedule. I get to fish and hunt with the masses labor day weekend.
You speaking of the masses in the Bozeman area that are really not an issue?;)
Having the weekdays to chuck streamers in the Yellowstone and follow the dogs along 8500' ridges will indeed make it easier for an old Bozeman hater to be less miserable.:D
Sounds like the perfect way to enjoy your first days of retirement.
This weekend I'm looking for a trifecta..bird hunting, bag a peak, and fish.

Headed out for ruffies, perhaps a blue, with my boys on long end of the long weekend. We do it sans dogs and pretty redneck, but on the plus side there's enough habitat and few enough people that there are no masses. :)

Okay, truth is it doesn't take much to escape the masses. All you have to do is walk where there is no path, trail, or friggin two-track. Looking forward.

1989. Birds were always plentiful then - 5 bird limit, and WAY fewer guys in the hills, no internet to inform the world of how great this or that place is.......
So you squandered a perfectly good opener:giggle:

Chances are my wife and I were hunting the now off limits Jackson Cr. BMA (B4 it was a BMA) that day..........................................

Ha..to both of you dudes.
I have used all of the above and still do. My loyalty is to my grandfather's 12 gauge L.C. Smith, but I hunt my 20 gauge Veloce the most for Sharpies,Blues,and Huns.
Auto for waterfowl and turkeys...upgrade from my pump days. 'Bout covers it.

1 Sept will find Gus and me on a pond with a grad student and a postdoc looking for teal. Good luck with the grouses.

First day of September will find me and my four legged pals chasing doves with sharpies and chickens to be chased soon after!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back