Ground Blind Recommendations

Decupparo

Hi all,
I am going on my first Antelope hunt here in Oregon, which happens to be an archery hunt. I’m not too worried about harvesting anything but rather trying new things and having fun so I plan on trying some spot and stalk as well as sitting water for at least one day of the hunt. Long story short, I am looking for recommendations on ground blinds that are suited for archery and won’t break the bank ($200 max ideally).

If I were spending money on a blind, I would definitely look at the Surround Views that came out the past couple years. See through the walls. What that means for sitting in the sun and not having as much shade, idk...

Can you dig a small put blind in the sage and use the bushes for additional cover?
Have used a pit blind in W Wyoming and it worked quite well. Just fill it in when done, and watch for snakes down in it .

I use double bull blinds as well the only issue is you would not want to have to carry one very far. They are big and heavy.
If you already own a double bull it’s not an issue. That extra weight is a another reason to help justify to the wife why you just spent several hundred dollars on a brand new pack with a meat/blind shelf . . .

I was thinking about stringing some camo burlap or mesh of some sort around the side of our blind and sticking grass/brush in to add a bit of realism, but haven’t quite figured out how to do it.
Would also like to run a window AC unit but that seems less likely :cool:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Due to budget and the fact that I won’t ever be using this blind other than if I decide to do this hunt again I went with the Ameristep Brickhouse for $99. We’ll see how well I can shoot out of it when it gets here, if that goes poorly I may just end up splurging on the double bull anyways. Cheers!

I have used Ameristep blinds for many years. They have held up well for me. In fact, I have three of them right now.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Due to budget and the fact that I won’t ever be using this blind other than if I decide to do this hunt again I went with the Ameristep Brickhouse for $99. We’ll see how well I can shoot out of it when it gets here, if that goes poorly I may just end up splurging on the double bull anyways. Cheers!
If you’re only going to use it once I’d get it up for sale as soon as you get back on CL or FB marketplace. There is a market for used blinds, at least where I’m at. Recoup some funds for the next hunt! Good luck - hope you do well.

Back