Grizzly Expansion

The problem with grizzlies is many people can not tell the difference between a grizzly and a black bear. I personally believe they are expanding terrotory because last time I was up in the Kemmerer area, I did see tracks. I did not have any kind of photography equipment and at the time I didn't even carry a cell phone. But now that grizzlies are in the Kemmerer area has been verified, I think they are expanding further than collar evidence seems to suggest. However, I also believe that a good portion of the unverified reported sightings are probably black bear. As for management, I strongly favor delisting as endangered, return of management to state control and allow Wyoming to have grizzly hunts to manage the population to a number that is both sustainable and reduces risk to livestock and people.

One lonely bear isn't going to fair well without a sow vis a vis. Don't expect he'll last long if on the prowl. But IDK maybe its a good thing. It'd be a lot easier for em if all you folks living in the RM's and plains states would just move to the big cities east of the Missip. That's the Yellowstone Coalitions desire so help them out ok. (y)

One lonely bear isn't going to fair well without a sow vis a vis. Don't expect he'll last long if on the prowl. But IDK maybe its a good thing. It'd be a lot easier for em if all you folks living in the RM's and plains states would just move to the big cities east of the Missip. That's the Yellowstone Coalitions desire so help them out ok. (y)
My bet is a sow is probably in the area. But if not, you're absolutely right. A boar will not stay long without a sow to chase.

Arm the teachers, and watch out for the Y2Y scouts on bicycles

I just want to say that i have thoroughly enjoyed browsing the more contentious topics on this board since signing up last month. The nuance and level headed opinions on this sub are an oasis in regards to the overall hunting community.

My bet is a sow is probably in the area. But if not, you're absolutely right. A boar will not stay long without a sow to chase.

I wonder where he originated from and how far he'll go. Too bad there's apparently no tracker on him or her.

The one referenced in the article was spotted less than 10 miles from my cabin. I say let them expand and let states manage via controlled hunts. It’s the one newbie post I wouldn’t mind seeing: “Hi, new member here. Anybody got any tips on WY Grizzly unit 123?” ;)

i am all for letting them expand, but we need to also think about getting them back to one of the areas that there was a ton of them. It is time we get some over to CA
They’ll end up in the Dakotas before they will California if left to natural expansion. I do get your sarcasm though.

Back