Griz attack

Those people are hunting and you have no idea how many of those people ever Venture off the road or ever Venture off the road very far. 70 million people that visited those parts you have no idea how many of those people ever got off of asphalt. It's kind of hard to walk around hunting with bear bells on Yelling "hey bear" the whole time.

Be smart like them: don't venture off the road, don't hunt, wear bells and yell. It's the smart thing to do. After all, you don't have a right to a danger-free experience. Stay safe.

MoGreen,

Out of curiosity, did you comment on the proposed grizzly bear delisting? What exactly would you like to see done?

I'll tell you what I'd like to see done. Leave the Yellowstone bear zone as it's always been. And anything outside of that original grizzly bear containment area - shoot on sight. Especially the Ranchers. Let's not forget about them.

Thanks James. Good to know. Maybe I will hunt in grizzly country after all. I'll make sure I kill an elk in the afternoon. And then I'll pack it out after dark with no headlamp..... naked.

Don't pack naked. I don't care how tough you are, you'll wear holes in your pelt.

I'll tell you what I'd like to see done. Leave the Yellowstone bear zone as it's always been. And anything outside of that original grizzly bear containment area - shoot on sight. Especially the Ranchers. Let's not forget about them.

So now you want to shoot the ranchers on sight? You're hard corps, dude.

Yeah well the men of the frontier didn't like grizzly bears either cuz they sure as hell shot enough of them off. And the reasons why they did it are the same things we're dealing with now.

What about Glacier NP and the Bob Marshall?

Did you comment on the proposed delisting?

That's a great way to keep them on the list.

Shoot the Ranchers? No the ranchers especially should be allowed to shoot on sight. Meaning shoot the grizzly bears on site.

Did that really need an explanation?

They say there is a difference between English humor and American humor. I think there may be a difference between east coast humor and mountain humor. :D

MoGreen;2547608 Especially the Ranchers. Let's not forget about them.[/QUOTE said:
Oh yes the 'other' victim-class. Sure wouldn't want to forget about them.

Yeah well the men of the frontier didn't like grizzly bears either cuz they sure as hell shot enough of them off. And the reasons why they did it are the same things we're dealing with now.

They didn't particularly care for the native Americans either and they are still causing white ranchers and
the US Gov't alot of problems to this day.

Learn from past or adopt past solutions here too?

They didn't particularly care for the native Americans either and they are still causing white ranchers and
the US Gov't alot of problems to this day.

Learn from past or adopt past solutions here too?

But we're not talking about indians. We're talking about grizzly bears. And as of right now I'm not aware of any Indians that are attacking hunters in the woods.

For any Rambos out there.I have met this guy and seen his impressive collection of animals harvested with..yep..a pistol.I think his ability to defend himself with a pistol probably surpasses 99% of us.Just goes to show how fast these attacks happen.Spraying first is best,I'm thinking.

The article doesn't mention any attempt to defend himself with his pistol. Only that when he went to grab it it wasnt there

It's really simple MO, if you are too scared to hunt in bear country then stay home but don't expect grizzly bears removed because of your fears. Lots of folks kind of like them.

It's really simple MO, if you are too scared to hunt in bear country then stay home but don't expect grizzly bears removed because of your fears. Lots of folks kind of like them.

And don't expect them to keep expanding. Lots of people don't like them. They are already in the process of de-listing them.

Back