Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Grip and Grin Pictures I don't really care for.....

This was 3 years ago, my second buck in my life, and definitely my biggest. I made a horrific standing off-hand shot that I learned the hard way from, and found him the next afternoon. It was cold out so no spoilage but I was so excited to find him that we just snapped pics and got him out of there quick as we could…
A certain HTer said this is absolutely NOTHING to be proud of and it really hurt my feelings. I realize now it’s Not because of what he said, but because he was right, there was more I could have done to show some admiration for the animal, and not myself or my success. Since then I’ve tried to be more conscious of my shot, controlling my excitement and the commemorative photographs. 😞

Give yourself some grace. Yes, the state of that beautiful buck is not good. Your joy is priceless though, and your words show you’re growing. I have a picture of myself proud as punch with my first pronghorn buck hanging in a garage dripping blood on the concrete… I didn’t have a clue. My family didn’t hunt and we were just kids learning through trial and error. I wish I had a father that guided me, but I didn’t. Live and learn.

Give yourself some grace. Yes, the state of that beautiful buck is not good. Your joy is priceless though, and your words show you’re growing. I have a picture of myself proud as punch with my first pronghorn buck hanging in a garage dripping blood on the concrete… I didn’t have a clue. My family didn’t hunt and we were just kids learning through trial and error. I wish I had a father that guided me, but I didn’t. Live and learn.
I think pretty much all of my hunting pics as a kid are similar to what you just described. No camera phones than and nobody really kept a camera in the truck or anything.

Oh my word, how have I missed this gem? I gotta contribute something.... *rapidly scans file system*

Personally, I like showing off the shot placement in my dead animal pictures, and I damn sure like showing off the weapon system!

IMG_1745.jpg
IMG_0668.jpg

And tailgate dead animal pictures are timeless! Especially when you rope grandpa in for the grip and grin.
MeAndGrandpa.jpg

thank you. I appreciate the kind words

17E15C22-2F5E-4F1E-93E1-D55E072B3935.jpeg
First ever big game animal I killed, have kept this photo close to the vest for a long time even though I was stoked with the elk. The grip and grin and the scope bite were just to much to share but figured it was time to move past it and contribute to this thread.

View attachment 238941
First ever big game animal I killed, have kept this photo close to the vest for a long time even though I was stoked with the elk. The grip and grin and the scope bite were just to much to share but figured it was time to move past it and contribute to this thread.
Nothing wrong with that photo. Nice bull and nice background.

I have noticed over the years that some photo's people take of dead animals are simply disgraceful and really make me think the guy didn't deserve that animal or any other. Tounge's hanging out, gut piles in the photo and blood everywhere. Disgraceful! I look at trophy mounts in a lot of places and the same thing! It's disgusting seeing a deer hanging on the wall wearing sun glases or a Santa hat and who ever thought up hangung a cigerette in the dead ab]nimals mouth should be shot! For sport these animals were killed then disgraced at every opertunity! I do thik some people just never give a though to the photo they are taking, after all is not their kid, just a dead animal! I can tell the people I would like by the photo's they take of dead animals! The photo's you take tell me who you are! if this is to blunt, I do not pologize, a lot of photo's are simply to blunt for me!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back