Caribou Gear

Grip and Grin Pictures I don't really care for.....

Back in the days when I started hunting there were a lot more tailgate and hanging meat photos and no one thought anything of it. Yes, I picked up some very fine camera equipment in the Army but I sure as hell wasn't throwing a Nikon 35mm SLR in the saddlebag or daypack. I briefly tried disposable box cameras but that didn't work. In rough or wet situations they disposed themselves before their time was up. Smart phones are the bees knees for field photos but they are a relatively new development. Keep that in mind when being critical.

Reviving an all time great thread. I was unsure to post this here, the MT b&c buck topic, or the epic pack out one. Lots to hate (or love) about this one. Obviously the tongue is hanging out, but there’s so much more.
View attachment 238318
Most people take pics to make the antlers look bigger. I think you found a way to make them look smaller. What a dink!

Reviving an all time great thread. I was unsure to post this here, the MT b&c buck topic, or the epic pack out one. Lots to hate (or love) about this one. Obviously the tongue is hanging out, but there’s so much more.
View attachment 238318
☹️ Two B&C bucks and tag out in September on this, You are slipping.
#montanamonster
#endingseasonearly
#spot&stock
#steaks&chops
#intheheat
#neededanotheryear
#gumbo
#wideanglelense
#instagramhero
#tonguetacos
#holdoutthosearms
#keephammering
#upandcomer
#roadhunting
#tornknee

☹️ Two B&C bucks and tag out in September on this, You are slipping.
#montanamonster
#endingseasonearly
#spot&stock
#steaks&chops
#intheheat
#neededanotheryear
#gumbo
#wideanglelense
#instagramhero
#tonguetacos
#holdoutthosearms
#keephammering
#upandcomer
#roadhunting
#tornknee
Or the quality has just slipped that much that this is the new trophy standard…… 🤷‍♂️

This was 3 years ago, my second buck in my life, and definitely my biggest. I made a horrific standing off-hand shot that I learned the hard way from, and found him the next afternoon. It was cold out so no spoilage but I was so excited to find him that we just snapped pics and got him out of there quick as we could…
A certain HTer said this is absolutely NOTHING to be proud of and it really hurt my feelings. I realize now it’s Not because of what he said, but because he was right, there was more I could have done to show some admiration for the animal, and not myself or my success. Since then I’ve tried to be more conscious of my shot, controlling my excitement and the commemorative photographs. 😞

Attachments

• D4C0C9F7-E748-4708-B6F1-01B07E5645FA.jpeg
    D4C0C9F7-E748-4708-B6F1-01B07E5645FA.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 114
Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back