Great social media posts..

I don't know how many it takes but they definitely do it in a single night.
I found a mule deer buck someone wounded and backed out of tracking the evening prior. Had been seeing and hearing coyotes in the area. Buck was just a head and antlers, front forelegs and hide. He was basically the corn husk after you eat the tamale. Unreal.

Also as a follow-up I will say that guy is an absolute clown. I had this happen once and I still have the skull but I can't see any good reason to carry on and make a hero story out of it like he has.

I mean everyone's pretty much covered the topic but man... to celebrate after that debacle. People don't have any shame any more. We need to bring back a good, healthy sense of shame in our society. Stop folks from posting things like this. Smh my damn head.

Shot a buck about 4 years back. Shot looked good but after 100 yards I thought I bumped him. Not 100% if it was him or another deer. Either way found him right at first light the next morning about 200 yards away eaten right up to the base of his neck. That sucked.

A generation that grew up playing T-Ball. Everyone gets a trophy. I can think of at least one professional podcast guest, whose name we would all recognize, who did just that. Found the buck he lost the year before and had a shoulder mount done of it.

At that point in my mind you are stealing a square meal from the chipmunks and porcupines.
Who was that?

At some point we need to get a thread going of hunting personalities that are no-good. So when people google them, they’ll come across how douchey and unlikable some of these guys seem to be, but put in black and white.

I always hear rumblings about this guys done x, y, or z, but never just stated outright.

If you know there’s coyotes and you “don’t want to bump him”, guess what, the coyotes will probably bump him.

I last saw the buck I wounded alive days later, but if for some reason he succumbs to the wound and I find the carcass I don’t want the antlers.
I'll bet that hero is afraid of the dark. No way is he going to look for a blood trail after dark. Probably thinks the coyotes will get him.

Who was that?

At some point we need to get a thread going of hunting personalities that are no-good. So when people google them, they’ll come across how douchey and unlikable some of these guys seem to be, but put in black and white.

I always hear rumblings about this guys done x, y, or z, but never just stated outright.
I'm not going to name him, because I don't think he needs to be put in the same bucket as the Liver King and these other over the top types. I disagreed with the idea of mounting your greatest mistake, but I don't think he is "douchey". He wrote a book later that impressed the shit out of me. Writing a book is hard, not millennial t-ball stuff.

I'm not going to name him, because I don't think he needs to be put in the same bucket as the Liver King and these other over the top types. I disagreed with the idea of mounting your greatest mistake, but I don't think he is "douchey". He wrote a book later that impressed the shit out of me. Writing a book is hard, not millennial t-ball stuff.
Just a quick reminder that a whole bunch of us millennials are pushing 40 years old, own real estate and businesses, and we're raised by y'all 😉😂

Shoot, the youngest millennials are like 25/26

Just a quick reminder that a whole bunch of us millennials are pushing 40 years old, own real estate and businesses, and we're raised by y'all 😉😂

Yup. The cutoff lines obviously are abstract but people misjudge where they lie all the same.

Kids in HS and college today are Gen Z, not millennials. (Just one example.)

You old boomers think us millennials are weird, wait til you start working with zoomers.

Yup. The cutoff lines obviously are abstract but people misjudge where they lie all the same.

You old boomers think us millennials are weird, wait til you start working with zoomers.
If you take the common dates people give for millennials technically I fall into that category. But only a few years removed from Gen X. maybe it was my backwards rural upbringing or something but I definitely feel more Gen X.

Morning Boomers

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back