Great seat covers

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
I have hesitated with the seat cover gig, as the ones I saw were always some sloppy poorly fit item that was more of a headache than it was worth, even if I have coffee and chocolate stains all over my Titan seats, thanks to camera guys who think vehicle interiors are disposable items.

So, after much consideration, I decided to have Paul Lindsoe at Headwaters Seat Covers build a custom set for my Titan. Both front and back. He has all sorts of colors and patterns, but I went with the gray that matches the rest of my interior.

Here are some pics of how they look. He has more tricks and little niceties than I ever expected. Mine have a built in three-rifle scabbard, a bow scabbard, drop down work stations for the people sitting in the back, laptop/tablet pouch, cell phone and other accessory pockets. Odds are, I am going to put something in one of those pockets so "I can't lose it" and will then forget where I put it.

And for those who are wondering, "Yeah, my truck is often that messy." Paul actually cleaned it up a big before taking the pics.

Here is the website for Headwaters Seat Covers - http://www.headwatersseatcovers.com/

2004-11 Titan Buckets Med DK Grey.jpg

2004-11 Titan Buckets Pass side Med DK Grey.jpg

2004-11 Titan Buckets Seat Back Tray Med DK Grey.jpg

2004-11 Titan Rear Med DK Grey.jpg

End result - tight and snug custom fit that seems to be almost bomb proof. They will get a serious test over the next four months, but I suspect they will hold up perfectly fine.

They do custom orders and have most of the popular vehicle patterns on their system, so it is pretty easy to order them. Long choice of colors and options.

Calling them might be good for those with a lot of questions - (877) 485-3001.

HWS Logo 9-23-11 PDF (3).jpg

The material you went with, pretty durable? As in being able to clean they once in a great while?

Yeah, it is very durable. Feels like some very heavy Cordura-type fabric. I will ask Paul, for sure.

EDIT: Just got this reply from Paul "DuPont Cordura, made in the USA (as with all the materials we make em out of), and yes they're washable."

I have 300,000 miles on a set of Marathon seat covers, also cordura.
You're going to like those covers for a long time.

Cordura is the only way to go...

Those look very nice! I really need to get some, but they aren't giving them away. I'll put them on the 'someday' list...

So...do you play flight attendant too and give free beverages out...based on the one picture with the tray :)

I think he got the fold down tray for the kids to play the video games while driving to spot bears. Thanks randy will give it a try ;)

A year after reading this, I finally got up enough nerve to pull the trigger on a set of these for my front seats. I got them a week ago and put them on over the weekend. The instructions do a good job of showing/explaining where to run the Velcro straps to get a snug fit. I too went with gray to match the interior but didn't get all the bells and whistle, opting only for a map pocket on the back of each seat. The covers fit well and because of the amount of Velcro securing them they do not move when getting in and out. I think they look downright swell and the heavy Cordura should last a long time.

While putting on one of the bottoms, I noticed a small bump in the material but it didn't look like a snag so didn't think much about it. Over the course of this week, I could start to feel a ridge running in-line with this bump, indicating it was likely a broken strand of the woven material. I e-mailed Paul Wednesday about it and I will have a replacement bottom cover delivered tomorrow. That's great customer service!

Pricey? Yes. But quality products and awesome customer service usually don't come cheap. Only time will tell, but I believe these seat covers will last a long time and look great doing it. I likely won't wait a year to get a set for the back seat either. Thanks again Paul.

The abuse my seat covers have been subjected to over the last fourteen months and 25,000 miles is beyond what most would incur in a lifetime. Not sure if camera guys think trucks are a disposable item, but the way they spill things, leave windows open in snow storms, leave yogurt fermenting on the back seat for a week, and every other disgusting action you can think of, makes camera guys good product testers. These covers look like new. Loving the scabbard and the bow holder, as just a few of the features.

Only one concern for an absent minded guy like me; when you get so many accessory pockets, you tend to lose a lot of things in those pockets by placing them "some place I won't forget," only to forget them for about six months. But, I am remembering to check one of those many pockets before I blame a lost item on a camera guy.

Great product. Paul runs a great operation.

Yep, they are great. Bought a set this past spring and they fit great and don't show any wear yet.

I didn't get any pockets in mine so I wont ever lose anything. Ha Ha

Big Fin, are your front seat heated and cooled? My 2014 Denali are leather with those options and I'm looking for covers that will function with those options?

Big Fin, are your front seat heated and cooled? My 2014 Denali are leather with those options and I'm looking for covers that will function with those options?

No. My budget cannot afford such comforts in a truck. My wife gave me her Honda Pilot when she upgraded and I can attest that heated leather seats are really nice in the winter.

Sorry I'm of no help on that one.

I feel your pain. By the way I watched your next show today with the hunt in Wyoming. I really liked the effort and what a hunting partner Mike is in the episode! I hope to cross trails with you some day!

Bump for a great company, since the topic of seat covers has come up on the forum.

Back