Caribou Gear Tarp

Great Burn Recommended Wilderness 🔥

I agree that trails make it a heck of a lot easier to access certain areas, and I use them all the time. I can understand if they were written into law or something, and if the forest service has them in place to access areas for work and fire fighting. I just don't think they are necessary for recreation. Maybe in high use areas to prevent resource destruction.

@JLS
Sorry, I had to reboot because Google Earth hung up. He is planning to put in at Atlanta. There is another starting point near Stanley. His route hits the Middle Fork at Taylor Ranch, then up into the Sheepeater lake region and Ship Island Lake and then back down into the North Fork. He crosses near Shoup on the North Fork on the Cove Ck Bridge. Then back up the north side to come out near Paradise Airstrip. Crossing the MacGruder Corridor near Observation Point. Then down the ridge to hit the Selway at the Running Creek Ranch Airstrip. Down the Selway out to the falls.

@JLS
Sorry, I had to reboot because Google Earth hung up. He is planning to put in at Atlanta. There is another starting point near Stanley. His route hits the Middle Fork at Taylor Ranch, then up into the Sheepeater lake region and Ship Island Lake and then back down into the North Fork. He crosses near Shoup on the North Fork on the Cove Ck Bridge. Then back up the north side to come out near Paradise Airstrip. Crossing the MacGruder Corridor near Observation Point. Then down the ridge to hit the Selway at the Running Creek Ranch Airstrip. Down the Selway out to the falls.
That sounds like a hell of a trip. Some serious vertical there. I’d like to do something on a much smaller scale, like up Stoddard Cr over into Big Creek and up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back