Grand Hunt

DRAFTSTUD

I carried my Grandson up to the Deer lease this Weekend Holiday, Mike is 9 months younger than my son Travis, they used to argue who was the uncle and who was the nephew! I had purchased a 30-30 bolt action for my Grandkids to use when hunting with Grandpa and Mike was using this. Saturday morning I had told Travis to take Mike and have him hunt one of our ladder stand and for Travo to hunt a nearby ladder stand, I would be at another stand with one of our radios and Travo had the other. About 7:30 a doe came though a trail in front of Mike, but he could'nt get a shot, she then bleated and a Buck with a really busted up rack came running up, Mike was able to shoot it and it ran off. At the shot I called to Travo, who confirmed that the shot came from Mikes stand and that he would wait about 10 minutes and go check on Mike. When he got to Mikes stand, he was doing the old Pump A Fist in the Air act! I asked Travo If they needed me to come trail the deer up for Mike, But they wanted to do it themselves! Well, Travo found sign and started trailing the Buck, he called to say it was a good hit, with the deer painting both wides of the trail, a good lung pass through. Trais had to crawl though some brairs until he spotted the deer's head, he then asked Mike "What's that on that log?" Mike hollered out "That's my Buck's head!" They then called me with the news and I told them I am not gonna miss out on all the Fun! I met them as they rolled into the camp. Man did we ever paint Mike up! I then made him clean up and I will post pictures of his First Deer as soon as I get them developed. I Have read a lot of post about big deer on this forum, but I do'nt think a Deer gets any bigger than his First! John
[

This is a sorry picture, but this is our "Lodge"

Attachments

• MIKE.jpg
    MIKE.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 39
Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270