Grand Canyon Deer (large pics)

cfree

Took the family to the Grand Canyon last weekend. My wife had never seen it and I hadn't been there in 16 years. It is bigger than I remember and more beautiful. This time of year is the best time to go if you want to avoid the crowds. And I must say it was impeccably clean thanks to the National Park Service. Anyways, these are the local deer that have all but lost their fear of humans.
Deer-does.JPG

Deer-buck3.JPG

Deer-buck.JPG

Deer-buck2.JPG

Deer-buck4.JPG

They are about 10 miles from the legal hunting area(Kaibab National Forest) and they know it. Enjoy!

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-27-2004 15:25: Message edited by: cfree ]</font>

Ya know, just once, I'd like to find one of those road signs that have to be on deer trails, that say "Safe Haven 5 miles ->".

That non-typical has more character than you can shake a stick at. I'd love to see him where I had a tag for him.

OMG thats is One Awsume deer, I would give my kids my wife and a right and letft nut for that one......
Delw

Great deer pictures.. It is a wonderful place to visit, but I would sure like to live there..

cool.gif

GREAT PICS
Where was that odd one taken, what area of the park?
I want to take my wife up there and show her that non-typ still exsist.
Thanks for sharing them.

Del, didin't you already give your nuts up to someone else? Your wife! thats why you have the kids!

This herd was literally right off the main road next to the Yavapai Lodge. I saw some more just inside the park entrance that were pretty nice but couldn't get the camera out in time. You can see the path in the pictures. People we're walking down that path and the deer didn't even care. I got about 15 yards from them to snap the pics. Oh yeah...here's what the canyon looked like.
GrandCanyon3.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back