Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Got my 06' mulie back from the taxidermist.

LILIDAHO

I got my 06' Idaho mule deer back from the taxidermist Christmas eve. I am very happy with it, I think it turned out awsome! I built the pedistal myself, the barn wood came off an old barn ("the red barn") on my great uncles property where I do a lot of my deer hunting (for whitetail). I also included a pic of this years whitetail I got. It was shot up by the Red Barn. What do you think? LIL

Attachments

• IMG_1984.JPG
    IMG_1984.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 980
  • IMG_1983.JPG
    IMG_1983.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,022
  • IMG_1986.JPG
    IMG_1986.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 923
Congrats on the buck! The mount/pedastal looks great!

Did you go off a set of plans for dimensions??? Or did you just figure it out yourself???

Great looking buck. I currently have a mountain goat on a habitat pedestal and a dall sheep at the taxi that will also be on a pedestal. I've searched high and low for the "right" base and think I may just have to build mine as well. What height did you go with on the base?

Excellent trifecta. Especially like the stud muley pose. Cool story connecting the muley, pedastal materials & nice whitey 8.

WYDH, I got the basic dimensions off of a pre-made one but most of the pre-made ones are octagon (8 sides) so the side boards are about 5" wide. I wanted to use more of the whole width of the 1x12 barn board so I made mine hex (6 sides) so the sides are about 10.5" wide. I just drew it up on easy cad a program I have on the computer. Then went to building.

Orvis, The dimensions are 30in tall and it is about 19" wide from flat to flat on the hex. This is a picture of one of the pedastals that a guy makes for my taxidermist that gave me the idea for the barn wood. He has made quite of few of these. If you would be interested I could get you in contact with him.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys! LIL:)

Attachments

• IMG_1609.JPG
    IMG_1609.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 1,079
  • IMG_1608.JPG
    IMG_1608.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 907
  • IMG_1607.JPG
    IMG_1607.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 3,016
Very Nice Deer and pics, I also Like the pedastal mount, I don't think I have ever even saw one, but I like it...

Mount looks great and good job on the barnwood pedastal base! I'm making one right now for my Bighorn. It's going to have 3 tapered log legs with a six sided slate inlayed top. Hope it comes out half as good as yours did.

Guys this mount is really great looking, pictures really don't do it justice. I do however prefer this picture of it, mainly because I'm in it.

Attachments

• IMG_1562.JPG
    IMG_1562.JPG
    175.2 KB · Views: 596
Great buck....love the cocky "hell yeah" pose. If I ever score on a buck that big I will do my best to duplicate it.

Great mount...congrats on a trophy!

I having a muley done and i am looking for a pedestal. would you be interested in building me one. any idea on cost.

Great looking deer, and awesome mount. Between this one and Big Fins antelope, I think I am going to go for a pedestal mount for some critter in the near future.
Looks Very Nice!!

Cajun, That is a one off pedestal the wood came off a barn on some of my familys farm. The guy that does my taxi works regular pedestal builder it would be about $400 with wood (barn wood), 150-200 if you supply the barn wood. I had about 30 hours in to my pedestal it was tough to get all the boards to fit like I wanted 50+ year old boards are not the straitest in the world! LIL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back