Got em!

Elkwhisper

Well-known member
Joined
May 12, 2006
Messages
963
Location
Somewhere in Montana
Fun night in the elk woods. Still lots of rutting activity. Lots of raking, fighting and bugling. Watched this guy cruising solo into a waterhole at about 6:30 tonight. Made it pretty easy to slip in while he was drinking and swimming in the pond and get a good shot off. He didn't go 50 yards.

Now hopefully I can relocate some of the big whiteys i watched all summer.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20261002_223952_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20261002_223952_Gallery.jpg
    578.3 KB · Views: 86
Holy moly! What an awesome bull! Congrats!

Was he super muddy when you were trying to break him down? The bull I shot in archery this year I watched wallow a bit and then get out and I shot him once he walked away from the wallow and his whole lower half was caked in mud. It made breaking him down a serious pain with trying to keep the meat clean and my knife sharp.
 
Fun night in the elk woods. Still lots of rutting activity. Lots of raking, fighting and bugling. Watched this guy cruising solo into a waterhole at about 6:30 tonight. Made it pretty easy to slip in while he was drinking and swimming in the pond and get a good shot off. He didn't go 50 yards.

Now hopefully I can relocate some of the big whiteys i watched all summer.
Great bull...congratulations!
 
Back
Top