Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Got another lion.

wyoboypt

Was on my way up a dirt road to glass for elk for my dad when a lion ran across the road right in front of me. I continued on up to the glassing point and after seeing no elk, i raced back down to the spot and started following tracks. Its rocky hills in that area with juniper. Not long after and it went into a deep creek bottom with willows. At first i went all the way in but realised it wasnt passing through. I went back up to the rim so i could see down in the creek and within 5 minutes spotted a dark mass in the willows with no snow on it. She was frozen still staring at me, maybe 20 uards away and i smoked her between the shoulders. So cool. IMG_1456.jpegIMG_1458.jpegIMG_1460.jpegIMG_1464.jpegIMG_1465.jpeg

Was on my way up a dirt road to glass for elk for my dad when a lion ran across the road right in front of me. I continued on up to the glassing point and after seeing no elk, i raced back down to the spot and started following tracks. Its rocky hills in that area with juniper. Not long after and it went into a deep creek bottom with willows. At first i went all the way in but realised it wasnt passing through. I went back up to the rim so i could see down in the creek and within 5 minutes spotted a dark mass in the willows with no snow on it. She was frozen still staring at me, maybe 20 uards away and i smoked her between the shoulders. So cool. View attachment 305465View attachment 305467View attachment 305468View attachment 305469View attachment 305470
This is so cool! Congrats that's awesome.

Was on my way up a dirt road to glass for elk for my dad when a lion ran across the road right in front of me. I continued on up to the glassing point and after seeing no elk, i raced back down to the spot and started following tracks. Its rocky hills in that area with juniper. Not long after and it went into a deep creek bottom with willows. At first i went all the way in but realised it wasnt passing through. I went back up to the rim so i could see down in the creek and within 5 minutes spotted a dark mass in the willows with no snow on it. She was frozen still staring at me, maybe 20 uards away and i smoked her between the shoulders. So cool. View attachment 305465View attachment 305467View attachment 305468View attachment 305469View attachment 305470

I hope you took all the meat it is the best meat in the mountains. Congrats

Congrats!
Do you have a report of the first one?

Nice. In the last 10 years I have seen 8 lions. Only time I had a tag was this year and had one at 75 yards that had no idea I was there. I don't know squat about cats and wasn't sure if his size. I let him walk. A friend is going to take me out with his dogs. Looking forward to that for sure. mtmuley

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back