GORTEX SOCKS

GilaMonster

Hey try some Gortex Socks, I gotta tell you this is one great product. I decided to try a pair for my trip to Quebec last year. The weight restrictions on the bushplane forced me to look at several alternative products to try to save weight. I purchased the lined ones from Cabelas' and used them inside my regular hunting boots. I was in and out of water to my knees most of every day. My feet stayed completely dry. My feet didn't even sweat in them. I have no idea how that works but the product did what the manufacturer claimed them to.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 16 October 2001 20:12: Message edited by: GilaMonster ]</font>

Are they very tall?? I was thinking that a pair of those, given that they were tall, would help keep my legs dry in times when the snow was taller than my boots. Were they as comfortable as a pair of wool 'hiking' socks.

i use the wool backpacking soks and like them but they i had a problem with a brand that was to "full" and the socks would take up my "comfort" space in my boots. how do they feel in our boots? do they sqeeze your toes?

I have really bad feet. My feet hurt most of the time. If those socks were uncomfortable, I'd sure know it. I usually wear the heavy wool socks. If I don't, I have to use two pairs of regular thickness socks to make the boots fit. With the gortex socks. I could actually wear a thin pair of socks inside them and my boots fit great. No problem at all, and these were insulated too. They're fairly tall, to the upper part of the calf, just below the knee. I was really impressed with them.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back