Good weekend for me and the boy's

DEADI270

This past week my oldest son's soccer team qualified for the state highschool soccer tournament. Unfortunatly they were eliminated before the saterday finals. so to cheer him up we went hunting on Saturday. About 10:30am we spotted a heard of elk with two spike bulls in the bunch. I didn't have an elk tag but my son did so we started to put a stalk on them. We had to cross a prety open canyon to get close enough for a shot but lucky for us there were little buches of clouds that kept floating up the canyon. So every time a cloud would block the elks veiw we work closer as fast as we could. We had made it accross the canyon and had one more little ridge to crest and the elk would have been in site, when I spotted three buck deer feeding up the bottom of the canyon. Because we had only seen spikes in the elk heard, we shifted gears and started hunting deer. We got within range of the feeding bucks, waited for a clear shot and let them have it. The photos below are of the two bucks that we killed.

x2007deerhunt2014.jpg
[/IMG]

x2007deerhunt2006.jpg
[/IMG]

We had to leave the deer and come back the next day with our pack frames and a little help to get them out. This time I brought my 13 year old son and he shot the buck below on the way up to pack out the other two deer. All and all not a bad weekend, and I wouldn't trade these three buck for a spike bull anyday.

x2007deerhunt3002.jpg
[/IMG]

and I would trade these three buck for a spike bull anyday?

You musta ment wouldn't?

LOVE the buck with the trash.

Big fan of Trash.

Nice bucks.

Nice job. It looks like you and the boys had a great weekend. I'm a big fan of trash, too.

Way to go. All these stories and photos of critters getting killed is giving me the serious itch. Funny how this disease only gets worse the more you treat it eh?

HAHA... YAh, All of us in this Field spell the same way. He mant Wouldn't... Errr I mean he ment wouldn't.... Errrrrr Whatever ;)

Kudos to you, Rhett and Austin !!!

Three nice bucks for a bull spike? You betcha! Great hunt with the boys. The pics say it all! Thanks for sharing.

We have a rule when hunting... whoever Spots the animal gets first choice. My guess is he spotted the deer prior to the boyz. :p

The Tri-Fecta !!! Good luck Saturday with da Elk !!!

Sorry about the spelling. I should have proof read the text before I posted it. When I got home my wife read the post and had a good laugh at me. She is a teacher.

Well done, for you and the boys.

Sorry about CHS' early exit from the Soccer tournament. At least your kid's team made it to state. My daughter's team didn't make it into District, so we had all day on Saturday to hunt.

Heck, we don't care about spelling around here.... Just good times, great memories, and Dead critters. Looks like you had all 3 !!!!!

Looks like you got home late from the Public hearing, Hope all went well.

Awesome! Love the character on the buck you shot. Can't wait for 'boys' weekends like that... :D

Back