Good news--Bad news........

Chambo

The good news first,

I have started seeing a lot of turkeys the last few days feeding in the fields.
They always seem to get more active here about this time of year.
The biggest bunch still has about 150 birds and will be breaking up soon.

I also have seen a couple of toms with 12 inch beards, that would go maybe 21 to 22 pounds.I hope they can put on a pound or two before season starts.
smile.gif

Now for the bad news .

Season is still over a month away !!!!!!

More good news .....

I drew my second tag and will try for another in a week or so in the left over drawing.

I love this time of year !!!!!!

I would like to wish everyone that is turkey hunting the best of luck and also to remind them to be safety concious at all times this year and every year.
We don't want any of this bunch at hunttalk to become a statistic.

How many of you carry a gobble call and actually use it ?

I carry one but will very rarely use it for fear of being the hunted.
Depends mostly on where I am hunting and if I know for certain that I am the only one around.I still get an uneasy feeling whenever I use a gobble call,it still makes me a little nervous.

------------------
Chambo

gunslinger.gif

IF IT WAS EASY EVERYBODY WOULD BE DOING IT !!!

QUITTERS NEVER WIN AND WINNERS NEVER QUIT
http://www.hunttalk.com

chambo, sounds like the makings of a great spring turkey season GOOD LUCK !!!!!

I dont own a gobble call ! and i dont think ill buy one either! a buddy has one and ive never seen it out of his pack!
------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

[This message has been edited by DKO (edited 03-05-2001).]

You want catch me in the woods w/ a gobble tube. To scary!

Sounds like you have got some turkeys to kill...)

------------------
rabbit2.gif

although I have used a gobble caller in the past ....I never use it on public land or if I'm huntin' alone if theres two of us ( read another set of eyes to watch out for danger!)I just might as in a few occasions it's broken ole tom's back and sent him in running.... but SAFETY must always come first know the risk the decide...just my opinion

I have one (geez, what don't I have at least one of,huh?) Once in awhile I will use it as an early morning locator, while the birds are still roosted, but I can't tell that it works any better than my owler or crow call. So, I usually leave it on the shelf with the rest of my 'gotta have' items. SR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back