MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Good Mallard Day

ida homer

Made the 4 hour drive to Eastern Idaho to our honey hole.

The P.I.C, 9 year old veteran ready to rock.

FBEED0A6-916A-4BE8-BB65-0C80D96A3B40.png

Geese over water is hard to beat.

7941E196-1148-4059-BE63-7F0C7D2A4672.png

The first flock of the day were pins, a rarity for ID.

72E94404-FC11-44BA-BB3E-45253E082ED5.png

I botched it with the hen buried on the right, rookie. This spot fails to disappoint. 3 years of just limit after limit. Public land spots don’t stay this good for long, I’m sure someone will find it eventually. But I guess part of the fun is moving on and scouting new water once they do. Until then, it’s always good to get lucky.

Your pup seems to share my same feelings towards pictures!

I smoke a good many duck breasts every year, I just mix up a wet brine using Morton tender quick and sugar, recipe for that is on the bag. Brine the skin-on breast filets overnight, rinse them clean and pat dry, grind fresh black pepper onto them and smoke at about 220 for a couple hours. It’s a no frills recipe thats super delicious. Sliced thin and served with crackers and cheese, we call it duck bacon. If I show up to any holiday party without a tray of it I would risk being excommunicated by my family.

Made the 4 hour drive to Eastern Idaho to our honey hole.

The P.I.C, 9 year old veteran ready to rock.

View attachment 122048

Geese over water is hard to beat.

View attachment 122047

The first flock of the day were pins, a rarity for ID.

View attachment 122046

I botched it with the hen buried on the right, rookie. This spot fails to disappoint. 3 years of just limit after limit. Public land spots don’t stay this good for long, I’m sure someone will find it eventually. But I guess part of the fun is moving on and scouting new water once they do. Until then, it’s always good to get lucky.
I like your attitude! A must when hunting public lands.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back