Good for you Botswana

I am a trophy hunter and proud of it. As a kid on my first hunt I shot a doe and it was a trophy. My sons first deer was a doe when he was 8. that was a trophy to both of us. I actually tanned the hide and we still have that doe hide. I have probably 30 mounts? and countless just deer and elk horns. I love all of them and they are memories of past hunts with freinds and mostly family. They are all trophys to me. I also did 1 trip to Africa with my dad. I brought back horns and some capes. Also trophys, only difference is I did not put the meat in the freezer. I dont put coyote and wolf meat in the freezer either. I agree that the antis love buzzwords and the latest is "trophy" hunter. Just like "assault" weapon. The words mean nothing and are just a technique of the left to villify hunters and people who like guns. Call it trophy hunting buzz. Who gives a crap everytime I harvest an animal I consider it a trophy.

I wanted to stay out of the crap show but I was afraid this thread might actually come to an end. so went ahead and posted some more ha ha

Only the amateurs pay broker prices, the smart conservationists take an advantage of the government subsidies and buy it from a nonprofit. If I am going out of my way to feed the peons I sure as hell expect some positive tax implications. Merica

If these altruistic hunters care so much, why wouldn't they continue to go on these hunts to provide neck and organ meat for their staff/workers, conservation funding for the animals, and support the local economies even if they couldn't bring the trophies home?

I don't see where banning imports of trophies should impact all the good they're claiming to do for conservation, the locals, and the wildlife? If it's all about that and the experience, banning trophy imports shouldn't be an issue at all. They should just continue to hunt and keep doing all that good work.

Maybe their reasons for trophy hunting really aren't as altruistic as they claim after-all, yes?
Their motives I could care less about. I know as well(probably better)than most, hunting is mainly and pathetically ego driven. Just like someone P.M.’d me about a certain person on this blog. He stated, just wait, you’ve hit his breaking point, he will start posting kill pics of himself. Sure enuf, he did.

I couldn’t care less what motivates guys who want to shoot an elephant or a dik-dik, or a mule deer buck. Everyone has their own justification, and I learned early in life, I can’t legislate morality, nor do I have the right to….seemingly you do, so to whom do I speak to gain equal footing ??

Thank you!

Mozambique was an adventure from beginning to end. I hunted late October, and the rain season should’ve started late November. We got hit with a huge rainstorm the morning we left Tete. It took us over 30 hours to get to camp (12 is normal). we slept in a local village the first night out of Necessity lol. Got the Land Cruiser stuck 13 times before making it to camp.
We were on Buffalo every day and saw a ton of cool things while tracking. I caught a leopard tortoise, white throat monitor, and African rock python all while tracking Buffalo. Saw a female leopard and bush pigs in daylight while tracking buffalo. Also saw 2 packs of wild dogs. Hunted hard every day and made it a life changing experience.

I’m really looking forward to my tuskless hunt in September. I’ll be in the Save valley Conservancy hunting with Mokore. Just took my VX6 off my 375 and replaced it with a Trijicon SRO the other day. It’s all dialed in at the range and ready to go. I’ll be doing dry fire practice all summer and watching videos and studying pics for Frontal and side brain shots. I’m mostly concerned with making sure I do a lot of studying on a frontal shot and using the zygomatic arches depending on head elevation.

I hope someday to have half the experience you have hunting in Africa.

Chase
So awesome! Glad Moz was amazing. Sounds like you had quite a wild time just getting to the concession. A wild dog sighting would be awesome. Never seen one, but they are badass hunters.

Funny thing, I'm headed to the SVC this summer as well. I'll be in a block south of Mokore for big cats. If successful, which is a big if, one cat I absolutely cannot take home, the other is very iffy.

I've only heard good things about your outfit.

The SVC is one of the coolest conservation stories in Africa. Was cattle farms 30 years ago. Now it is wild again, thanks to wild game having value and a partnership among the landowners.

I've never had a bad safari, but ele was definitely my favorite by far. Soak it in. In my opinion , a tracking safari for elephant is one of the last great adventures left on this planet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back