Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Good for you Botswana

My hang up with elephants is how damn smart they are. It’s one of those things where the reasoning of killing it is OK because of the clear delineation between man and beast becomes fuzzy at best.

They're one of the few non-primates that can recognize their own reflection. They can paint, have outrageously good memories, can recognize faces, etc, and they have a really long life span. It feels very different to me than killing a turkey or a buck; animals that would only make it a decade at best and aren’t capable of any sort of higher reasoning.

Idk, doesn’t sit right with me, so I wouldn’t do it. But, obviously there needs to be something done for management.
I gotta ask do you eat pork?

When all US hunters bring back is ivory and feet for trash cans, pretty tough to call it anything else.

When was the last time you had an elephant burger?
The proper word to use in these situations is "harvesting". Example, I harvested a shoulder season cow elk off a haystack. That makes everything more better.

The proper word to use in these situations is "harvesting". Example, I harvested a shoulder season cow elk off a haystack. That makes everything more better.
Lots of tags are closer to "harvesting" if thats all you make it. Ever hunted antelope?

I have both hunted and harvested antelope. The easy ones are too tasty to pass up. Same with elk on a haystack. F&G gives out the number of tags they do to manage the numbers. Whether you harvest or hunt an animal, the goal is to keep the numbers in check. I'm not gonna tell someone I hunted if I just pulled the trigger on a slam dunk. That's a harvest.

I have both hunted and harvested antelope. The easy ones are too tasty to pass up. Same with elk on a haystack. F&G gives out the number of tags they do to manage the numbers. Whether you harvest or hunt an animal, the goal is to keep the numbers in check. I'm not gonna tell someone I hunted if I just pulled the trigger on a slam dunk. That's a harvest.
Thess african countries are... managing the numbers

If anyone is looking for an elephant hunt on the cheap, I'll guide you to my Sister in Law, it could even be considered tuskless as she's missing a tooth last time I had the pleasure of talking to her.
Would this be a dangerous hunt like Cape Buffalo, Lion or African Elephant or closer to shooting a feral pig at the corn feeder?

Maybe of the Minnesota guys on here need to do a welfare check on @rjthehunter seems. This thread seems like something he normally wouldn't miss out on...maybe he and @The Hedgehog (God dammit that took me a while to find the right name!) Are busy putting together a spring bear hunt?
Haven't had time to check much lately. On a fishing trip taking vets fishing!

Back