MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Good for you Botswana

The Blood Origins Podcast has some good episodes on elephant hunting in Botswana, and hunting in Africa in general. Not just stories of hunts, but rather interviews from both hunters and non-hunters on how hunting can be beneficial to the locals and to the wildlife. I'd recommend them to anyone interested in this topic.

I'd love to hunt elephant some day, and honestly couldn't care less about bringing any of it back to the US. I don't even need to pull the trigger, but just tagging along on the hunt and experiencing everything that comes with it would be awesome.

How many meals of an animal is required before you hunt it? mtmuley

It doesn’t work that way. It’s just priorities. I get less excited about turkeys because of the meat haul. So it ends up lower in the priority list and happens less.

If given time constraints I had to lose a day of big game hunting for every day I spend turkey hunting I’d never turkey hunt again.

And actually that’s sometimes the way it actually goes when you’re raising a young family. Can’t do it all. So hell no I’m not going to Africa with my precious time and money.

Still no judgement for those that do

Not for nothing, if we are going to defend hunting we need to come up with a better starting strategy then covering ourselves with bullshit then hoping the non hunters don’t smell it on us.

Hunting is conservation. Blah blah …as long as I am getting that premier sheep tag for my 200k …or what ever trophy I plan I take home ….then checks get cut. The phony altruism is pretty transparent.

Sure, the US hunters really care about the locals.

They let them have all the meat they want and give them beads, sandals, and a t-shirt.

How generous.
Were it not for the fact game in Africa has a value there would be NONE. The fact Botswana needs herd thinning is a good thing, meat for the locals and $$$$ into the country from somebody that already has to
much of it…..win win win. Win for wildlife, win for natives, win for hunters (like it or not those guys who go over there are categorically “hunters” also)

Not for nothing, if we are going to defend hunting we need to come up with a better starting strategy then covering ourselves with bullshit then hoping the non hunters don’t smell it on us.

Hunting is conservation. Blah blah …as long as I am getting that premier sheep tag for my 200k …or what ever trophy I plan I take home ….then checks get cut. The phony altruism is pretty transparent.
Literally nobody, And I mean nobody, not even your fellow Canadians, gives one rip about your opinion on the matter you frikin hoser.

If those animals had no market value - there would species be a lot more extinct.

Were it not for the fact game in Africa has a value there would be NONE. The fact Botswana needs herd thinning is a good thing, meat for the locals and $$$$ into the country from somebody that already has to
much of it…..win win win. Win for wildlife, win for natives, win for hunters (like it or not those guys who go over there are categorically “hunters” also)
Thanks for participating, we’re way past logic and common sense, about to start on “yo momma”.

If these altruistic hunters care so much, why wouldn't they continue to go on these hunts to provide neck and organ meat for their staff/workers, conservation funding for the animals, and support the local economies even if they couldn't bring the trophies home?

I don't see where banning imports of trophies should impact all the good they're claiming to do for conservation, the locals, and the wildlife? If it's all about that and the experience, banning trophy imports shouldn't be an issue at all. They should just continue to hunt and keep doing all that good work.

Maybe their reasons for trophy hunting really aren't as altruistic as they claim after-all, yes?

If those animals had no market value - there would species be a lot more extinct.

Thats nether here nor there when it comes to defending hunting at legitimate human activity. I mean is that how far we have fallen? We can only present an argument to defend and conserve the parts of the ecosystem that we assign a monetary value?

Back