Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Gonna give small game a shot for the first time

SFC B

Soooo, since I have retired from the military and am now waiting to get back to doing the Fed Civ thing it looks like I will have some time on my hands. I am gong to grab the Ted Williams 20 ga pump and head out. I have found some state trust land fairly close to the Springs and will go see what it is about. Other than upland birds I have never hunted anything small so it will be a different experience for me. Worst thing that can happen is that I go for walk with a gun.... :hump:

Soooo, since I have retired from the military and am now waiting to get back to doing the Fed Civ thing it looks like I will have some time on my hands. I am gong to grab the Ted Williams 20 ga pump and head out. I have found some state trust land fairly close to the Springs and will go see what it is about. Other than upland birds I have never hunted anything small so it will be a different experience for me. Worst thing that can happen is that I go for walk with a gun.... :hump:
Good luck! You never hunted squirrels here in Hoosier land?? Next time your home you should! Big fun!

Good luck! You never hunted squirrels here in Hoosier land?? Next time your home you should! Big fun!

I was not a hunter the last time I actually lived at home. Didn't get started hunting until I was on active duty (thanks to a buddy from TX). I am an Indy kid from DEEEP in the city :) I got a 17hmr last year and would love to pop some.

Gotcha. Get back this way and we'll go. IIRC you hunt in the northern part of the state. Cool thing there is that you can kill 3 species of squirrel there.

With a 17HMR, better hit'em in the head if you want to eat them.

Gotcha. Get back this way and we'll go. IIRC you hunt in the northern part of the state. Cool thing there is that you can kill 3 species of squirrel there.

With a 17HMR, better hit'em in the head if you want to eat them.

I could always use the 20 ga or my little one's .22 Cricket :)

With a .17 HMR you better be able to hit them in the head from 100 yards with a good scope...lol I head shoot prairie dogs with mine out to 300 yards with the Bushnell that came on it. I have it zeroed at 100 yards.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back