Go West Young(ish) Man - Advice Appreciated!

Not sure why Idaho was vetoed by the wife. I think she is making a huge mistake. Cause Boise or coeur d'alane areas are your answers. I mean they both have everything you want except the ocean. You are literally hunting EVERY big game species within 30 minutes drive from Boise. But the easy answer to me is Kelowna since Idaho has been vetoed.

CDA is some place the my wife and I can see ourselves moving to. We have a daughter in Spokane and another who will most likely settle in Kettle Falls, soon. When we travel to Spokane I always get to Wallace and think, "This is kind of a shithole" but then pop over the hill to CDA and think, "this is perfect".

Your mileage may vary.

Nemont

Wallace is not necessarily a sh hole, but it's sure no place to raise kids or have a career. There is truly nothing there but restaurants, bars and a few small motels/WAllace RV park and of course the famous City Limits pub. Wallace is a great place to ride ATV's and goof off in the summer. Not sure why the residents choose to live there but eh, to each his own as they say. I have had my fare share of fun in and around Wallace. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
CDA is some place the my wife and I can see ourselves moving to. We have a daughter in Spokane and another who will most likely settle in Kettle Falls, soon. When we travel to Spokane I always get to Wallace and think, "This is kind of a shithole" but then pop over the hill to CDA and think, "this is perfect".

Your mileage may vary.

Nemont
My daughter will end up in Spokane for awhile as a radiologist. Her soon to be husband has a business there. Being in the Root is close. They have a plan to move here as well. CDA is a great place. We have construction projects there right now. It ain't Montana. mtmuley

Wallace is not necessarily a sh hole, but it's sure no place to raise kids or have a career. There is truly nothing there but restaurants, bars and a few small motels/WAllace RV park and of course the famous City Limits pub. Wallace is a great place to ride ATV's and goof off in the summer. Not sure why the residents choose to live there but eh, to each his own as they say. I have had my fare share of fun in and around Wallace. ;)

Wallace is one of our favorite little towns to stop in when coming or going through that area. Easy to walk around and decent food and beers at the bars. The country to the south of there has been my favorite to explore, but have only spent a couple weekends there. Want to spend more time out there in 2019.

Canada all day long, Elk, mulies, whitetail, black bear, griz, mountain goat, dall sheep, stone sheep, mtn lion, caribou, moose.

Bozeman or Sheridan. If you can swing the cost of entry. Direct flights to denver and other cities. Absolutely gorgeous places.

If it were me, I'd not choose Western WA or OR. I'd look at the options in ID as mentioned, or add Colorado Springs, CO. I would choose the springs over Denver any day of the week. I'd also look to WY or MT, even Utah would probably be on my list.

Or better yet I would take a good look at this thread. Things are changing very quickly out west. From what I've seen I'll stay right here where I am personally. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

If you and your wife like low taxes, work, state budget surpluses, amicable neighbors, gun-friendly statutes, shooting ranges, religion, family, patriotic celebrations, apple pie, small-town parades, good roads, great public schools, whitetail deer, Eastern wild turkeys, waterfowl, reasonable insurance rates, above-average bond ratings, lower crime statistics, independence, personal accountability and responsibility, combines, tractors, pick-up trucks, soybeans, corn, hockey, basketball, football, the US Constitution, the Bill of Rights, children, the elderly, life, alcohol in moderation, cut-off jeans shorts, and ribeye steaks, then I would check out Indiana, Iowa, Tennessee, or Wisconsin. Otherwise, hug a Northeastern or West coast state. Good luck in your search.

Last edited:
Don't know why anyone would want to leave Wisconsin for any of those destinations. I guess I just have simple tastes. You could move to NW Wisconsin, Bemidji/Detroit Lakes/St Cloud, Minnesota and be less than a day drive from great hunting in several Canadian provinces, Western States and Midwestern states.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back