Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Gloves and liners... again...

lifesupport4u

Ok, I am in on the chopper mitts for glassing and sitting when it’s pretty cold. What glove liners do you guys like? I used to have some wool military surplus liners that worked well.

Also, what gloves do you like for mid seasons (when chopper mitts are too warm). I would like something I can shoot with... looking at Sitka Gunners, First Lite Shale Hybrids, OR, or even some Mechanix gloves possibly.

Anybody have gloves and or liners they recommend?

Not looking for chopper mitt recommendations.

thanks!

Under my choppers I use a discontinued pair of Kuiu gloves. Not super thin, but plenty of dexterity. When they wear out, I will pick up some First Lite Guide Lite gloves or some Kuiu Merino 210 gloves. I have not had good luck with liners that are so thin.

I love the Shale Hybrid gloves. Being from MN, I mainly bird hunt and wear them from September until it gets down to be in the 20's.

couple years ago i bought a like 3 dozen wool liner glovers on Amazon for like $30. I have pairs in every rig, backpack, my raft, tent gear, etc. Cheap and effect.

Ditto the surplus wool liners.
Cabellas cheap fleece gloves were a deal and great in the choppers. Looking for quality replacements now.
Love the mechanix gloves in early season and cool weather. They do get cold in the cold.

I have and use both the Sitka and First Lite Merino liners. I couple those w/ fleece lined Geier Glove choppers. I treat the mitts, each season, with Obenauf's. A perfect combination of warm, dry, quick off, and lots of dexterity and shootability with the liners.

I have a pair of thin Northface e-tip gloves. I don’t think they are technically “liners”, but are fairly thin and form fitting to my hand. I like them better than liners since I often wear them without mits. I only put the mits on when it gets really cold.

I have a couple different weights of the Outdoor Research sensor tip liners I really like.

Ditto the surplus wool liners.
Cabellas cheap fleece gloves were a deal and great in the choppers. Looking for quality replacements now.
Love the mechanix gloves in early season and cool weather. They do get cold in the cold.
I found that if the mechanix gloves get wet, they soak through and you end up with cold wet hands.

I also picked up Sitka Jetstream gloves from MountainArchery.com. They’ll be mid season gloves i think, water resistant too.

I came here to post asking the same question. I melted my nomad kryptek gloves 2 years ago. They worked kind of ok last year there's a hole in them now. I really need another pair. I liked them because they are were polyester or something, and they didn't get snagged on stuff.

These are my favorite all around gloves until it gets so cold you need throw on some really heavy mittens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back