Fishing gloves - winter time

isu22andy

Looking for a set of gloves for fishing in the winter . Temps below freezing open water . ( river never freezes ) . I usually use wool fingerless gloves with relatively decent success however I always have to think there’s something better and waterproof or resistant . I want fingerless gloves , but don’t like the mitten flip over because it gets in the way of running a spinning reel . Anyone find any good heavy warm gloves that are fingerless you can still operate in ? Or am I looking for a unicorn here . Thanks for any suggestions .

Unicorn mittens you say....
il_794xN.5402900421_hw51.jpg

I wear a glove liner with wool gloves with finger tips exposed. I like the flap but wear them 90% of the time hunting and 10% fishing.

The fingerless wools are the best for me From what I’ve tried. i agree the flip over sucks

For whatever reason, my hands stop functioning in the cold, seemingly way before any of my fishing buddies. So after trying multiple approaches, I’ve had best luck with light weight glove liners alternating hands periodically into super sized hand warmer equipped pockets for drying/warming. It keeps me going, but still not an optimal solution…so I’m tracking for new ideas!

Back