PEAX Equipment

Gifts that don't "SUCK"...

Moosie

Grand poopa
Here is a few good idea's.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SavingandDebt/Advice/20EasyGiftsThatArentGiftCards.aspx

Which brings me to : What are you going to get your wife for Christmas ?

After 13 years, my wife jsut bought her own Chizz this year. Wrapped it and to be truthfull, I haven't even seen them yet. Now, don't get me wrong, I like christmas for the kids. But the Holiday itself Pisses me off. We have to buy little crap for everyone in the family. Now, once again, don't get me wrong, I don't mind buying someone something they REALLY want, but to have to buy something, and getting something for someone that they are jsut going to throw away or clutter up the house just isn't my idea of spending money.

My wife in the past has always said just to get something liek cloths, she can always exchange it for something she likes or her size. I'm like WTF ? Jsut pick out what you want and let's buy it !!! And why should I buy her that Toaster and Food mixer I think she needs, she's the one barefoot and pregnat in the kitchen doing her womanly duties. She should have the ones she wants.. ;) But in seriousness, why spend $150 on something she doesn't "really" want but will use it because it was a Dumb gift from me.. ???

Alright... I'm babbling again. I'm going to get My wife one thing but haven't decided yet. So I'm looknig for thoughts..... Besides a New gun, she specifically said she didn't want one, and I'm not really sure why not :confused: :confused:

I'm with you moosie, if she wants something, she deserves it for putting up with my crap, and if I get her something she doesn't want, she'll use it once, just to show me, then it won't get used at all...I'd rather she get what she wants, wrap it from me. I'll get her something, I just don't know what yet.

Dude ! Dude ! Dude !!! Haven't you learned yet ? |oo

It's NEVER about what she wants/needs ! It's all about what she wants YOU to understand what SHE would like to have from you ! :confused:

When all else fails, or you haven't got a freakin' clue.....remember this....Diamonds ear rings, high quality gold anything, or a $100+ bottle of perfume.

Case in fact: I was dating the best looking woman of my life. Things were OK between us, but still she wasn't coming across with any of the Good Thang. :(

So, I suprized her by painting her daughter's room one weekend (She'd mentioned it once in passin). The next week was her birthday, and I bought her some diamond earrings ($100), then for Hannukah (a week later) I gave her a bottle of Mademoiselle Perfume (another $100).

hump hump hump !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :p :D :p :D

Get it?

The whole commercialization of Christmas gets to me as well Moosie. I swear my kids are like that fat kid Dudley Dursley on Harry Potter at birthday time. "You mean I only got XX presents this year! Last year I got XX presents....." My kids don't understand the true meaning of X-mas I guess. I try my darndest to show them they have way more than a lot of other little kids in the world but it doesn't do much good.

As far as the wife goes, I will buy her a few things but for the most part, she gets what she feels she needs and we wrap it up and say it's from the kids. I would like to buy her certain things but when I bring the topic up, she shuts me down like none other. She does, however, just like the surprise of the gift opening experience. I think I could buy her shoes that fits a yetti and she'd appreciate it. I'm sure she would return them and get what she really wants but that's beside the point. I'm glad my wife is a simple person and she deserves way more than she gets. I am also glad we only have to buy for my immediate family, three nieces/nephews, and one set of grandparents. The others, well, they can don't get squat - how's that for the X-mas spirit!

Bought my wife and her sister tickets to Vegas to visit her parents for a week in February. Also comes with the understanding that when she comes home, I will ask no questions about how much money she spent, or where she spent it. :eek:

That is the rule when I go hunting, so I guess I will oblige and keep my mouth shut when she comes home.

Also bought a weekend trip to the local Hot Springs Resort. Hope she decides to invite me along when she uses that certificate.

My greatest gift is being gone for most of hunting season and being "out of her hair" (her words, not mine) should be a gift enough.

I too hate the whole present thing. My wife ends up getting me some great gift/gifts and I get her something lame and am in trouble the whole holiday season.:D My wife's birthday is Dec. 28th so I have double duty.|oo Even worse, there is a 46 inch flat screen TV wrapped up in the office with my name on it, so I have to come up with something good.|oo Here is what I have so far:

New satellite radio for her car (Sirius) (Just because it has all the sports, doesn't mean it's for me ;) )

New cell phone

New digital camera

New Dell desktop computer

That's it. Hope that works. I HATE shopping so I'm done. I let her take care of the two boys. She loves that kind of crap anyway. he he

Dude ! Dude ! Dude !!! Haven't you learned yet ? |oo

It's NEVER about what she wants/needs ! It's all about what she wants YOU to understand what SHE would like to have from you ! :confused:

When all else fails, or you haven't got a freakin' clue.....remember this....Diamonds ear rings, high quality gold anything, or a $100+ bottle of perfume.

Case in fact: I was dating the best looking woman of my life. Things were OK between us, but still she wasn't coming across with any of the Good Thang. :(

So, I suprized her by painting her daughter's room one weekend (She'd mentioned it once in passin). The next week was her birthday, and I bought her some diamond earrings ($100), then for Hannukah (a week later) I gave her a bottle of Mademoiselle Perfume (another $100).

hump hump hump !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :p :D :p :D

Get it?

Yeah we get it! The more money the more honey!!!!!!!

How come it is that guys never seem to have a problem with what they want or need?
But women on the other hand is a totally different story.

Moosie, I don't think were helping you out! But what did you really expect.

I bought my wife a fresh vaccum cleaner, new pots and pans and some work out tapes. Gifts that keep on giving:)

wife got a new camera last year for her birthday/christmas gift fro me. have the double duty also. hasn't stopped using the damn thing since. have to go out of the way so she might see some more game somewhere. this years gift? she gets to go with me and video and take pictures of this springs bear trip to idaho. then something about sight seeing on the way back. yeah, yeah, yeah......

I give my girlfriend meat, like elk, deer, blackbuck, hog, and she gives me fluff type baked goods, cakes, cookies and such. That's our deal, Christmas, we help each other shop for others too.

We went to a party last night. Some lady where my friend works let her husband take her out blindfolded. She road in the car a long time with him like that. He took her to a surprise birthday party for her 50th where we were all waiting for the surprise. A band, all kinds of good food, many different kinds of good wine, maybe 50 guests or so. The guy spent a fortune. I was totally impressed she went blindfolded also.

Schmalts, have you seen that get her a diamond add? Bowtech has a bow called the Diamond.

Tom, You give your girlfreid Meat, and she give you pie ? Thats cool !!! :D

Gunner 46, I'm not needing to Give my wife anything to "TAP THAT". My yearly stats blows away most guys life long stats ... :D That being said, it's the thought of having to buy something not knowing what she really wants. And if she spells out exactly what she wants then it's not a surprise. So... I don't get it ?

Moosie, I don't think were helping you out! But what did you really expect.

I expected no help. Sometimes i like to jsuttype stuff and see where it goes :D :D

Two years ago the wife and I bought a 2 room cabin on a lake in Northwest MT. Nothing fancy and is on a state lease so it wasnlt that expensive. WE decided together that it would take care of christmas and birthdays for the rest of our lives. We get to enjoy it many times through out the year!!!!! You could add something like that to the real estate portfolio.

Now Christmas gifts are for the kids and the whole family gets together to EAT the whole day. One of the Joys of being Italian.

I give my girlfriend meat, like elk, deer, blackbuck, hog, and she gives me fluff type baked goods, cakes, cookies and such. That's our deal, Christmas, we help each other shop for others too.

No mention of the real meat............................................typical Texan:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back